Contracts Manager, Technology & Transactions
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
With more than 150 million subscribers enjoying great content all over the world, it's an amazing time to work at Netflix. Our legal team seeks an experienced contracts manager to join the Netflix legal team, to be based in our Los Gatos (or potentially Los Angeles) office. This is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced environment, working with a group of attorneys and contract managers to support Netflix's product team responsible for handling vendor deals across the globe. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting contracts and leading negotiations; facilitating signatures on contracts; developing, optimizing and managing contract and workflow systems; and creating and maintaining information on our legal portal for business partners, as well as providing general administrative and operational support to the technology and transactions legal team.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of digital media. The legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in new and developing areas.
The successful candidate will have:
• 8-10 years of relevant experience as a transactional paralegal or contracts manager at a company or law firm;
• Experience in contract database systems and/or workflow systems;
• Substantial experience in contract review and drafting, and negotiating complex commercial and technology agreements;
• Familiarity with cloud service/SaaS agreements and software licenses; and
• Knowledge and experience in the entertainment industry, including familiarity with studio and content tools and engineering methods, is a plus.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment;
• Ability to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams and partners in an agile, fast moving environment;
• Curiosity about how we operate our business and the markets we serve in order to develop innovative solutions;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment;
• Strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently;
• Flexible and nimble in a dynamic environment;
• Willingness to tackle new subjects outside area of expertise and take on special projects as the need arises; and
• Ability to travel if needed for the business.