Contracts Manager, Games Legal
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. As part of its mission to entertain the world, Netflix now offers Games as the newest aspect of its service.
To support this exciting Games initiative, Netflix is looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join the team. In this role, you will be a key player in the Games initiative by providing support to the Legal team that acquires our games content. This is a unique opportunity to help build a new and growing part of Netflix's business. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, skilled at analyzing and drafting commercial agreements, efficiency-minded, and excels at building systems of organization from the ground up.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for:
• Working with our Legal Ops team to build and manage the workflows and tools for contract management, IP clearances and tracking of all components of licensed and owned video games;
• Reviewing complex licensing, development and publishing agreements, as well as composing first drafts of vendor agreements, statements of work and amendments;
• Maintaining, managing and optimizing contract templates and contract repositories with forms and contractual language; and
• Working cross-functionally with other internal teams and business partners in a collaborative manner.
The successful candidate will have:
• 3-5 years of relevant experience as a contracts manager or paralegal at a multinational company or law firm;
• Experience in building and/or maintaining contract database systems, preferably including project management experience;
• Substantial experience in contract review and drafting;
• Strong analytical capabilities and sound, pragmatic judgment;
• Curiosity about how Netflix operates its video games business and willingness to tackle new subjects or special projects outside their area of expertise; and
• The ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.