Contracts Analyst, Kids & Family, Business & Legal Affairs
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
- The open Contracts Analyst role for Kids & Family Business and Legal Affairs team involves contracts management, legal operations and contract administration. You must be highly organized with a high level of attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, be quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and self-motivated. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.
The position will:
• Enter contract terms into a contract tracking tool and ensure integrity of information in tracking tool from inception and negotiation through execution, payments, and satisfaction of future obligations
• Upload short- and long-form agreements into the contract tracking systems
• Track contractual obligations related to original content developed and produced by the Kids & Family team, including options and renewals. Draft and send letters related to options.
• Assist the contract administration team responsible for making contractually required payments related to the development and production of content for Kids & Family by tracking contractual obligations for writers and other talent in conjunction with the Creative team
• Develop and manage various operations projects under the supervision of the Contracts Coordinator
• Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned
• Work with the Contracts Coordinator in improving current processes and workflows and best practices to improve the operational effectiveness of the Kids & Family, Business & Legal Affairs team
• Capture and condense notes from meetings with various business and legal affairs partners
• BA or BS required
• At least 1 year of relevant experience, including working in a legal environment such as with an in-house legal department or law firm
• Knowledge and comfort with software systems in a legal environment such as deal management, document management, contract management, e-signature, and e-billing/matter management.
• The ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to stay calm under pressure.
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
• Ability to - read and - understand - legal contracts - and articulate issues using? creative, production or financial context
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite
In addition, the candidate will:
• Demonstrate good judgment, strong critical thinking skills and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of complex projects;
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (candor, honesty);
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented;
• Passion for kids and family programming.
With over 100 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe, and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
A successful candidate will have some prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting, and will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.