Contract Analyst, Rights - Original Film, Business & Legal Affairs
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 150 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix's Original Studio Films team is seeking an experienced Contract Analyst who will provide rights tracking support to the Business & Legal Affairs team. Successful candidates will have prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting, will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with unwavering attention to detail and a strong emphasis on organization . This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that will reward candidates with a high level of curiosity and initiative. .
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reviewing and tracking deal terms, contracts, rights, and talent options;
• Tracking various contractual obligations, including but not limited to theatrical release requirements, subsequent productions, progress to production, revenue participation, turnaround periods, and reversions;
• Drafting and reviewing legal correspondence as needed;
• Developing and managing various projects under the supervision of the Business & Legal Affairs Operations Coordinator;
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned; and
• Working with the Business & Legal Affairs Operations Coordinator to increase the Original Studio Films team's operational efficiency.
• BA/BS required;
• At least 5 years of related work experience is required;
• Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented;
• Ability to respond positively to change and be respective of new ideas;
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Research experience a plus but not required;
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise; and
• Ability to embrace and advocate cultural diversity.