Contingent Talent Specialist
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. We are revolutionizing the way people watch their favorite shows and movies, and building our own library of original Netflix content for all to enjoy.
It's an exciting time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. Take a look at our Culture Memo to learn more about our unique Netflix culture as well as an overview of our long-term view.
The Contingent Talent team is responsible for the strategy, operations, and guidance across the Temp-Worker, Independent Contractor, and Vendor space internationally. Our team makes it easy for Netflix managers to engage with the contingent workforce by providing training, education, and guidelines to minimize Netflix's risk. We offer data and insights on contingent worker planning, hiring, and strategy which enables our business partners to make informed decisions and engage the right contingent talent, quickly, through a great experience.
We are growing rapidly and looking for a Contingent Talent Specialist to join our Talent organization in Hollywood.
In this role, you will:
• Partner closely with hiring managers, supplier partners, and contingent workers globally, potentially working across time zones. Your responsibilities encompass understanding the contingent talent landscape, providing strategic direction to hiring managers, and embedding yourself in the Netflix culture.
• Own and juggle multiple contingent requisitions and maintain high quality/maximum traction for Hiring Managers at all times.
• Work closely with business leaders to influence sourcing approach, strategy and determine the appropriate classification of workforce needs.
• Engage cross-functionally with internal stakeholders including Legal, FinOps, and HRBPs to solve business needs
• Assist hiring leaders with the development and execution of IC/Freelancer agreements
• Develop job descriptions, host sync calls with agency personnel, screen resumes, and drive the selection of contingent personnel.
• Ensure that contingent workers understand and embrace our unique culture.
• Assist in new supplier vetting and supplier performance management.
• Build relationships with program staffing partners by providing timely updates and feedback on their candidates.
• Conduct contingent worker orientation on a weekly basis ensuring contingent workers have the resources they need to succeed.
• Assist managers with contingent worker issues, feedback, offboarding and assignment terminations.
• Generate reports, analyze data and offer insights to your hiring manager population.
To be successful, you are:
• Equal parts creative and analytical
• Always actively seeking to understand the business, and are energized when learning about challenging creative & technical problems
• An expert on industry trends and can leverage data to influence
• Dedicated and ambitious; takes initiative and follows-through
• The first to roll up your sleeves when something needs to get done
• Resilient in the face of change
• Attentive to detail but able to step back and look at the big picture
• Self-directed and autonomous yet able to collaborate effectively
• Proactive, you take initiative, and you always follow through
• Inclusive; you collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Curious about Netflix's and the initiatives of the various organizations globally
• You thrive on offering creative solutions to challenging situations
• 5 years HR, ATS, VMS systems experience. Preferably Workday and Lever
• You have prior staffing, recruiting, HR, or client relationship management
• You have intermediate experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc) and recruiting systems
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• You are a good problem solver, you know the right questions to ask to take on the situation at hand using the resources available to you
• Strong written and verbal communication skills