Contingent Talent Specialist
Full Time Job
Contingent Talent Specialist - APAC
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. We are revolutionizing the way people watch their favorite shows and movies, and building our own library of original Netflix content for all to enjoy.
It's an exciting time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally and within the APAC region. Take a look at our Culture Memo to learn more about our unique Netflix culture as well as an overview of our long-term view.
The Contingent talent team is responsible for the strategy, operations, and guidance across the Temp (Agency)-Worker, Independent Contractor, and Vendor (SOW) space globally. Our team makes it easy for Netflix managers to engage with the contingent workforce by providing training, education, and guidelines to minimize Netflix's risk. We offer data and insights on contingent worker planning, hiring, and strategy which enables our business partners to make informed decisions and engage the right contingent talent, quickly, through a great experience.
We are growing rapidly and looking for a Contingent Talent Specialist to join our Talent organization in Singapore. You would partner closely with hiring managers, supplier partners, contingent workers in APAC and other Netflix stakeholders like HRBP's, Talent Acquisition, employee services, Employment Legal etc. Your responsibilities encompass understanding the APAC contingent talent landscape, business partnering with managers to consult and provide strategic direction for contingent hiring, creatively enhancing our workflows and embedding yourself in the Netflix culture.
In this role, you will:
• Partner closely with Hiring Managers, staffing partners,contingent workers and other Netflix stakeholders
• Own and juggle multiple contingent requisitions and maintain high quality/maximum traction for Hiring Managers at all times.
• Work closely with business leaders to influence sourcing approach, strategy and determine the appropriate classification of workforce needs.
• Engage with cross-functional with internal stakeholders including Legal, FinOps, and HRBPs to solve business needs
• Assist hiring leaders with development and execution of IC/Freelancer agreements
• Be the subject matter expert for contingent talent practices in APAC
• Develop job descriptions, hosts sync calls with agency personnel, screen resumes and drive selection of contingent personnel.
• Ensure that contingent workers understand and embrace our unique culture.
• Assist in new supplier vetting and supplier performance management.
• Build relationships with program staffing partners by providing timely updates and feedback on their candidates.
• Conduct contingent worker orientation on a weekly basis ensuring contingent workers have the resources they need to succeed.
• Assist managers with contingent worker issues, feedback, offboarding and assignment terminations.
• Generate reports, analyze data and offer insights to your hiring manager population.
To be successful, you are:
• Equal parts creative and analytical
• Always actively seeking to understand the business, and are energized when learning about challenging creative & technical problems
• An expert on industry trends and can leverage data to influence
• Dedicated and ambitious; takes initiative and follows-through
• The first to roll up your sleeves when something needs to get done
• Resilient in the face of change
• Attentive to detail but able to step back and look at the big picture
• Self-directed and autonomous yet able to collaborate effectively
• Proactive, you take initiative, and you always follow through
• Inclusive; you collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Curious about Netflix's and the initiatives of the various organizations globally
• You thrive on offering creative solutions to challenging situations
• 5 years HR, ATS, VMS systems experience. Preferably Workday and/or Lever
• You have prior staffing, recruiting, HR or client program management experience
• Proficiency in Japanese or Korean will be an advantage - not mandatory
• You have intermediate experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc) and recruiting systems
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• You are a good problem solver, you know the right questions to ask to take on the situation at hand using the resources available to you
• Strong written and verbal communication skills