Content Protection Coordinator
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with over 232 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
The Content Protection team sits as part of the broader Public Policy team and, amongst other workstreams, is tasked with protecting the growing number of Originals launching on the Netflix service each month.
The Content Protection team is currently seeking a coordinator who will support internal tactical take down efforts, with a focus on social media, and assist with broader Content Protection work as needed.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established and fast growing company that is changing the future of entertainment around the world.
The Content Protection Coordinator will have social media expertise to help drive efficiency and a sustainable social media content protection strategy. This role will strive to deliver optimal social media platform operations, while aligning with and contributing to our overall industry content protection initiatives.
The successful candidate can expect to make impact in this role by:
• Strategically protecting content on social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok
• Having expertise with social media fingerprinting, dispute queues and issue queues
• Liaising with social media partners and manage project timelines
• Ensuring cross-functional best practices for Content Protection on social media platforms
• Thinking analytically, with experience driving insights using data available in social media platform tools
• Supporting title protection workflows and operational initiatives
• Supporting broader policy and social media policy work
Paralegal skills are not mandatory but would be positively valued. Ideally, the candidate should have experience in anti-piracy initiatives and be well versed in managing an effective notice and take down program including experience of working with YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Google, TikTok and other well known online platforms.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, an effective cross-functional communicator, and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. They will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix Culture.
• At least 3-5 years experience in a social media or content protection related role
• Strong understanding of content protection best practices and industry trends, with a focus on social media platforms
• Experience with social media management tools such as Rights Manager and Content ID
• Experience with data and social media platform analytics
• Familiarity with copyright laws and enforcement
• Legal background, skills, or qualification is a plus
• Experience with dashboarding tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio is a plus
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $80,000 - $325,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.