Content Designer, Studio Animation
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking an experienced Content Designer (Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Writer) for our Studio XD Animation team.
About Studio XD Animation
The Netflix Studio is producing an unprecedented volume and variety of shows and movies worldwide. As a Content Designer for Animation, you'll join a team of stunning designers dedicated to creating innovative products supporting all elements of developing animated titles. The team is at the heart of Netflix's journey to develop the world's most modern, creative and innovative animation studio.
About the Role
This is a unique role in that you'll work at the intersection of storytelling, technology and the business. As one of a small team of Content Designers within Studio, you'll architect the Animation Content Design vision from scratch, integrating product voice, defining copy style and patterns, and crafting diverse user interface content. You'll also codify best practices into guidelines so they can scale.
• You're a storyteller at heart who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across touchpoints, both in the product and in training and business settings.
• You're a systems thinker who's familiar with the development of information architecture, language frameworks and design systems.
• You're a product thinker who's comfortable with innovating and finding creative solutions.
• You're able to partner with researchers to hone in on and define a strong product voice for a specific audience.
• You possess a keen sense of empathy for the filmmaking industry and a burning curiosity about where it's headed.
• You communicate productively and will be comfortable advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
• 5-10 years of relevant writing experience: UX writing, content strategy, consumer-focused copywriting, short-form digital
• Experience working on a product design or UX team, and with global brands
• Mastery of AP style and the confidence to know when to break the rules
• Ability to think critically about user journeys and content flows, and to connect the dots between them
• Demonstrable creativity
• Highly collaborative and self-directed
• Proficiency in languages other than English and experience in the world of filmmaking are a plus
This full-time, salaried position reports to the XD Content Design Manager.