Content Designer, Studio XD
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking an experienced Content Designer (Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Writer, Copywriter) for our Studio Experience Design team. Studio XD builds innovative tools to help content creators develop, produce and deliver Netflix movies and TV shows for audiences worldwide. The successful candidate will combine creative leadership and communication with a passion for user experience design and entertainment.
The Role: As part of a cross-functional team, you'll build technology solutions for all aspects of Netflix content creation – from script to screen – defining the style and core design patterns. You'll develop a product voice that aligns with the Netflix brand while sounding natural to the film industry, and use it to craft a variety of user interface content, from onboarding flows and error messages to help documentation.
• You'll provide both strategic direction and hands-on writing.
• You're a storyteller at heart who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across touchpoints, both in the product and in training and business settings.
• You're familiar with the development of design systems and language frameworks.
• You're able to partner with researchers to hone in on and define a strong product voice for a specific audience.
• You love a no-holds-barred brainstorm as much as delving into the details. You know how to switch gears between big, fanciful ideas and practical, effective execution.
• You possess a keen sense of empathy for the filmmaking industry and a burning curiosity about where it's headed.
• You communicate productively with visual thinkers and will be comfortable advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
• 10 years of relevant writing experience: UX writing, content strategy, consumer-focused copywriting, short-form digital
• Experience working on a product design or UX team, and with global brands
• Mastery of AP style and the confidence to know when to break the rules
• Ability to think critically about user journeys and content flows
• Demonstrable creativity
• Highly collaborative and self-directed
• Proficiency in languages other than English and experience in the world of filmmaking are a plus
This full-time, salaried position based in our Los Gatos office reports to the Content Design Manager of Experience Design (XD).