Content Designer, Studio Media
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking an experienced Content Designer (Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Writer) for our Studio Media team.
About the Studio team
The Studio XD team's mission is to build technology solutions that streamline the creation of our original shows and movies. Our team is the fastest-growing design team at Netflix. In many ways, we act like a startup; we move fast and are quite scrappy, working closely with our Product and Engineering partners.
About the Media team
Within Studio, our Media team is specifically focused on building innovative tools that support our most precious creative asset-the actual media we create for our original shows. Our goal is to make the experience of creatives (animators, VFX artists, post-production artists, editors and others) more intuitive and frictionless. We also innovate on ways our titles become globally accessible through dubbing and localization.
About the role
This is a unique role in that you'll work at the intersection of storytelling, technology and the business. As the second Content Designer within Studio, you'll develop the product voice, define copy style and patterns, and craft diverse user interface content, from onboarding flows to messaging. You'll also codify best practices into guidelines so they can scale.
• You're a storyteller at heart who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across touchpoints, both in the product and in training and business settings.
• You're familiar with the development of design systems and language frameworks.
• You're able to partner with researchers to hone in on and define a strong product voice for a specific audience.
• You possess a keen sense of empathy for the filmmaking industry and a burning curiosity about where it's headed.
• You communicate productively with visual thinkers and will be comfortable advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
• At least 5-10 years of relevant writing experience: UX writing, content strategy, consumer-focused copywriting, short-form digital
• Expertise in brand identity and content strategy, onboarding and messaging preferred
• Experience working on a product design or UX team, and with global brands
• Mastery of AP style and the confidence to know when to break the rules
• Ability to think critically about user journeys and content flows, and to connect the dots between them
• Demonstrable creativity
• Highly collaborative and self-directed
• Proficiency in languages other than English and experience in the world of filmmaking are a plus
This full-time, salaried position is based in either our Los Gatos or LA office and reports to the XD Content Design Manager.