Content Design Manager, Growth & Customer Health
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/10/2020 9:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Content Design Manager, Growth & Customer Health jobs in Los Gatos-CA
Search all Content Design Manager, Growth & Customer Health postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Content Design Manager, Growth & Customer Health? Netflix is seeking an experienced Content Design Manager for our Growth and Customer Health teams.
About the Content Design Team
Content Designers partner with Product Designers, Product Managers and others to create our growth, product and messaging experiences. They develop testable strategic copy that enables people to easily sign up for and enjoy our service. It's a horizontal team that's part of Experience Design (XD).
About the Growth & Customer Health Teams
In this role, you'll manage two high-functioning Content Design teams.
Our Growth team's goal is to create relationships with new customers around the world, working across various channels to grow our membership base. We're dedicated to creating experiences that allow customers to have an ''aha!'' moment for Netflix as quickly and easily as possible.
Our Customer Health team's goal is to inspire, support, and connect with Netflix customers during every step of their journey through direct, personal, and meaningful communication. Content Designers do this through channels including in-product messaging and email.
About Managing at Netflix
Netflix has more than 180 million global subscribers, but in many ways we still function like a startup. The organization is flat, process is minimal and individual responsibility is big. Managers focus on sharing information to stimulate collaboration, hiring and developing teams rich in diverse perspectives, taking educated risks and incorporating data to formulate quality testable hypotheses.
You have experience building effective Content Design teams and set a high bar for execution, communication, and responsibility. As a leader, you measure success in terms of both human and business impact. You foster excellence through collaboration and encourage an inclusive, open environment that makes space for diverse views and workstyles. You're an excellent advocate, evangelist and listener who seeks and offers candid, constructive feedback.
You know how to think critically about product flows and drive innovation ideas forward. You work cross-functionally with multiple teams and educate partners about the unique value Content Design brings. You strive to simplify complex problems, and support your ideas with data to get everyone on the same page.
What You'll Do
• Manage and build a diverse, globally-minded team of Content Designers
• Coach and mentor team members and foster a healthy team culture
• Provide strategic clarity and focus for the team while identifying and unblocking barriers to success
• Collaborate with other design, product, business, and engineering leaders to develop design and product strategy
• Advocate fiercely for the user, and drive a holistic Content Design vision that inspires the company and partners to innovate on the status quo
• Create and execute a scaling strategy for Content Design that stays ahead of the growing business and elevates the user experience
• Identify best practices for collaborating with other designers and cross-functional partners
• Proven track record of leading and scaling a Content Design team or equivalent
• The ability to create and sustain candid dialogue and successful working relationships with stakeholders, partners and team members, both at the individual and group level
• Experience building design systems, scaling strategies, and other tools and infrastructure teams need to be more effective
• Experience successfully driving cross-organizational initiatives
• Experience working on global products and emerging markets
• A willingness to fail, learn and try again
• Experience managing global and diverse teams
• Content Design experience in the Growth and Messaging spaces
• A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling
This full-time, salaried position is based in our Los Gatos office and reports to the XD Content Design Manager. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.