Casting Administration Associate, Original Film
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/17/2021 3:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Casting Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Casting Administration Associate, Original Film jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Casting Administration Associate, Original Film postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Casting Administration Associate, Original Film? THE OPPORTUNITY
The Original Film team at Netflix is seeking an experienced professional with extensive industry experience to handle studio casting administration for our original feature films. This is an integral role at Netflix in terms of supporting our Original Film initiative, and will require collaborative, cross-functional partnerships across different parts of the company. The Original Film team is behind a range of exciting motion pictures including Bird Box, starring Sandra Bullock; The Irishman, directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Robert De Niro; Extraction, starring Chris Hemsworth; and Spike Lee's Da 5 Bloods.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for content to thrive in an environment of freedom and responsibility.
The Casting Administration Associate will be responsible for overseeing Casting Administration at Netflix for our Original Film group. This will entail coordinating with casting, physical production, post-production, business & legal affairs, labor, contract administration, credits and other internal and external teams during pre-production, production, and post-production in connection with the engagement and crediting of performers, including actors, stunt performers and singers.
will also include:
• primary/initial point of contact between Netflix and talent agents and attorneys with respect to non-Schedule F actor contracts;
• draft all non-Schedule F (actor, stunt performer, pilot, singer, dancer, looping) contracts and send them to the production office and/or the actor's representative(s) for signature;
• work with production attorneys to prepare and negotiate riders to such agreements as necessary; responsible for ensuring agreements are signed and processed in accordance w/ Netflix policies;
• work with other groups, including Studio Engineering, in the continuing development of a Casting Administration internal database/website to ensure project, performer and agent information is complete, including contact information, deal points, credit, role, etc.;
• analyze and update forms and templates to improve the efficiency of teams;
• review project-specific cast contracts to ensure accuracy of contracts, signature, and payments for original films;
• advise post production on cast contract requirements when moving, splitting, and deleting scenes, and ADR payments;
• advise and educate producers, casting, production, finance, post-production and production legal (in-house and external) of the requirements under the SAG-AFTRA (and/or other performer unions) contracts;
• Review all Looping deal memos received from the post supervisor and/or loop group assigned to the project to ensure compliance with Netflix policies and SAG rules; draft, review and obtain signatures of all Looping contracts, and enable access to signed agreements to all internal stakeholders.
• *At least 5 years of directly relevant work experience, preferably in film.
• *Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
• *Knowledge of SAG-AFTRA Collective Bargaining Agreements, especially the Theatrical Agreement.
• *Prior experience working with G Suite and Google Sheets preferred.
• *Prior management or supervisory experience.
• *BA/BS preferred.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
• Clear and concise interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across functions, think practically and be solution-oriented;
• Ability to respond positively to change and be respectful of new ideas;
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise;
• Ability to embrace and advocate cultural diversity;
• Flexible, innovative, and solution driven team player; and
• A great sense of humor. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.