Business Partner, Finance Procurement Operations - APAC
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional, who has sourcing experience, to support our end to end finance procurement operations with a functional area of our business.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone that has a solid understanding of accounting treatment, knowledge of the P2P workflow, and experience with developing strong cross functional relationships with business partners across various functions; FP&A, Accounting, and IT teams.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team
In this role you will partner with the following cross-functional partners:
• Business Owners - Execute all finance related tasks (procurement support, reviewing and re-negotiating contracts, vendor management, creating purchase orders, reviewing invoices, expense reporting) and be an embedded partner and active contributor across various teams.
• Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing and accurate financial reporting.
• Accounting - Drive an accurate and timely month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers.
• FP&A - Ensure accurate coding to provide meaningful reporting and identify opportunities to use data to drive business decisions.
• IT - Design, simplify, and automate finance and payment workflows and partner on system enhancements to help automate workflows to scale.
• Communicating with the business to drive the procurement of services from our vendors and understand the status/timeline of delivery of services.
• Partner closely with the business to support their sourcing decisions and vendor partnerships for scale, cost efficiencies, and to ensure a diverse and sustainably focused supplier chain to keep pace with the evolving needs of our business.
• Setting-up purchase orders (PO's) in to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
• Driving projects that help to simplify and automate manual workflows. Actively participate in system features development and user acceptance testing.
• Managing vendors and invoicing processes: reviewing vendor records, ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with Accounting to ensure accuracy of accrued services.
Qualities We're Looking For:
• Professional Korean or Japanese language skills is a strong plus
• 5 years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting experience
• Experience with sourcing, procurement, and purchase orders, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows
• Ability to take ownership of tasks while handling competing priorities
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to navigate large data sets