Business and Legal Affairs Associate: Strategic Knowledge Management
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/21/2020 10:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Business and Legal Affairs Associate: Strategic Knowledge Management jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Business and Legal Affairs Associate: Strategic Knowledge Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business and Legal Affairs Associate: Strategic Knowledge Management? ?The Strategic Knowledge Management (SKM) Templates Associate will be responsible for helping to develop and advance knowledge and information management initiatives for Netflix's content-related business and legal affairs functions. The associate will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, and integrity. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, high energy, strong project management skills, and an overall positive attitude. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, you are quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and are self-motivated. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will report to the head of Strategic Knowledge Management, working closely with the Netflix Legal Operations and Content Business & Legal Affairs teams on a variety of verticals (e.g., Scripted Series, Features, Animation, Unscripted, etc.), in addition to subject-matter experts (e.g., Labor Relations, Employment, Litigation, IP, Compliance, Data Privacy, etc.) throughout the organization.
A significant focus of this role will be maintaining the growing template library for our content teams, and the successful candidate will also be responsible for fostering and managing communication between SKM and various departments, tracking and organizing a high volume of legal documentation, and managing knowledge (forms, subject matter expertise, local learnings, etc.) in the US and abroad.
• - Drafting, reviewing and redlining various agreements across multiple content legal verticals;
• Managing and updating form agreements, as well as various dashboards;
• Coordinating with the legal teams on workflows, priorities, and pain points;
• Building and maintaining conditional clauses, smart fields enabling reconciliation with the appropriate document management tools, clause insertion, and master clause library across various language versions;
• Developing and maintaining complex contract templates, approved responses and standard procedures;
• Administering backlog and prioritization of template updates;
• Maintaining contract template versions and assist in deploying changes to templates across various enterprise platforms;
• Maintaining? clause and template libraries, plus organization and upkeep within a cloud-based document management system;
• Collaborating with legal operations team and other cross-functional partners in developing? the next generation of document management technologies; and
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• JD required;
• Ability to - read and - understand - legal contracts - and articulate issues using? business, production or legal context;
• At least 3 years of transactional entertainment experience drafting and reviewing legal agreements at a law firm, production company, studio, or network, ideally in the fields of television and/or film production;
• Flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned;
• Self-starter with ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, interacting with internal and external parties across multiple territories and time zones;
• Tech-savvy individual and quick to adapt to new or changing systems;
• High level of organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Fluency with the Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Airtable a plus; additional knowledge management tools a plus;
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment;
• Knowledge of the evolving and international media landscape is a plus, but not required; and
• Bilingual Spanish (or other) language a plus, but not required. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.