Audience Growth & Development Specialist, Tudum
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with 231 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
Tudum is Netflix's official editorial fan destination, where our daily breaking news, original videos, exclusive interviews and behind the scenes storytelling reach millions of Netflix fans every month. We're only a year old but growing fast. And we're looking for a highly motivated, creative digital publishing expert to join our ''growing'' Tudum Growth Team as a Growth Specialist to help fans discover and connect with the Tudum.com brand and its content.
The Tudum Growth team exists to influence how fans discover the site and its storytelling in order to deepen their relationship with the brand. We show up where fans of our titles are, identifying new opportunities, platforms, audiences and tactics that we think will delight, inform and entertain the right fans at the right times. We back up our work with data and continuously evolve so we can do the best work of our lives. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, unafraid to take creative risks and be as passionate about digital media, storytelling and strategic audience building as we are.
Supporting the end-to-end audience journey from awareness to conversion, the ideal candidate will be instrumental in building and enhancing audience connection with Tudum storytelling and the Netflix IP that lives there while experimenting with new ways to engage existing and emerging digital communities. You will identify and implement key optimization tactics across multiple touchpoints including, most crucially, Tudum's owned editorial newsletter products and content distribution levers that support the brand's overall mission and audience growth strategy.
You'll play a critical role in executing these newsletter and distribution strategies, working across multiple cross-functional teams to extend the reach and amplification of Tudum storytelling. This isn't a traditional social role - though deep knowledge and understanding of the social ecosystem (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok) and how it contributes to a holistic audience growth strategy is a must. Your focus will instead largely be on executing distribution initiatives that introduce our content to new readers and build loyalty with existing ones via newsletters, digital partnerships, third-party aggregators and community platforms such as Reddit.
• Responsible for day-to-day execution of Tudum.com title distribution plans and management/send of Tudum.com editorial emails.
• Project manage audience development touch points and its associated components, from inception to successful completion.
• Work closely with Tudum Growth leadership to determine and meet growth KPIs and ensure that they align with overall brand strategy.
• Execute audience development testing strategy -- including funnel optimization and distribution channel mix.
• Support Tudum tentpole initiatives by executing best-in-class digital rollout strategy, from online partnerships to IRL events.
• Work across multiple teams within Tudum and the broader Netflix org to get assets, launch dates, and any other information and materials necessary to enact title distribution and email plans.
• Work cross-functionally with the Tudum editorial team to provide platform insights and recommendations that help tailor their content to identified high value audiences.
• Work with our insights team to provide tactic metrics and audience behavior insights specific to distribution platforms.
• Work with retainer agencies and contractors as applicable.
• Work with vendors and platform reps as applicable.
• Previous hands-on experience working with content-based newsletters from conception to send for a large, global media organization, newsroom and/or brand (developing, writing/editing and producing newsletters). Comfortable acting as the point person during the newsletter production process.
• Well-versed in newsletter business models, best practices and industry trends.
• Experience in content distribution channels including but not limited to SEO, partnerships and community platforms such as Reddit and LinkedIn.
• Experience as a journalist and/or audience specialist within a newsroom/editorial publication strongly preferred. Extra points if your focus was entertainment/lifestyle.
• Knowledge of the performance media space.
• Comfortable turning insights into opportunities.
• Experience working with product and technical teams to launch digital projects and initiatives.
• Excitement and never-ending curiosity surrounding the future of media and storytelling.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Respect and enthusiasm for the Netflix brand, its IP and its culture.
• Confident communicator and comfortable answering stakeholder questions clearly, concisely and quickly.
• Highly collaborative - you're not afraid to lead or follow and believe in the power of ''showing'' your work.
• Entrepreneurial and highly curious. Experience working within a startup at a larger corporation is a plus.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $65,000 - $320,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.