Associate Production Manager, Animated Features
Full Time Job
About Animated Features Production
The Animation Films Production department at Netflix Animation is focused on supporting a growing slate of long-form animated films and limited series, where we strive to create a strong culture of collaboration, opportunity, and partnership. We are responsible for supervising all aspects of physical production, from development through final delivery, across 2D, CG, Stop Motion and Hybrid Animated films. We establish preliminary project budgets and schedules, identify creative partners (vendors) and support/suggest best practices throughout the life cycle of production.
The Associate Manager of Animated Features Production will collaborate with Partner Studios responsible for managing the productions as well as Producers, Line Producers, Production Managers, and internal Netflix cross functional teams (Content, Post, Marketing, etc.) to support all aspects of production on animated feature films, with a focus on creative excellence, budget and schedule. This role will help foster an optimal working environment by providing mentorship, innovating workflows and organizing production plans to meet the films' goals. Associate Managers will work closely with the Manager of Production on Partner-managed projects and overall strategy.
In this role, the ideal candidate will bring their expertise from working in both the front-end and back-end animation space, providing a deep level of strategy and problem-solving skills needed for Independent features. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, and flexible, while being able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities. Excellent written and verbal communication is a must. Requires great interpersonal skills, a high degree of organization and an unwavering attention to detail. Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a positive thinker that is able to exercise good judgment.
may include, but are not limited to:
• Support Producer/Line Producer in the creation of a production plan and budget, including scenario planning and major production changes
• Assemble an initial list of potential Creative Partners (vendors) that are the right creative/quality fit and price point for the film.
• Support Line Producer in creating Creative Partner Bid Packets, developing complexity assumptions, production and staffing approach if needed
• Partner with the Content team to provide production impact context surrounding creative notes and changes
• Create and maintain production schedule templates, including mentoring Show teams on improving/incorporating into their workflows
• Create and maintain production reports, including mentoring Show teams on improving/incorporating into their workflows
• Be a source of mentorship and training for supporting the growth of Production Talent when taking on new roles
• Analyze Production & Cost Reports & Generally Manage Health of the Show
• Support show teams in leading monthly, and bi-weekly production meetings
• Be able to embed with Show teams to provide support as needed, including complexity analysis, projecting schedule and budget shifts, and pivots in production planning
• Producer/Line Producer/Production Manager support and guidance
• Approve show hires
• Partner with Finance and Production Accountant to Analyze and Manage Show Budget
• Partner with Post to Manage Post Schedule in regards to Production
• Candidates must have 7 years in animation production, with at least 3 years in management
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously managing several projects in various phases of production
• Experience creating and managing project budgets
• Familiarity with the current trends, tools and workflows for both 2D and 3D production (stop motion experience a )
• Team-player who is excited to help others grow
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understand how to prioritize and respond accordingly; solution focused
• Ability to articulate issues using creative, production or financial context
• Interested in building for the future, courageously exploring new ideas and challenging industry norms
• Google ecosystem experience preferred