Associate, Production Finance - Japan
This was removed by the employer on 3/13/2023 5:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Associate, Production Finance - Japan jobs in Tokyo-TY
Search all Associate, Production Finance - Japan postings
Full Time Job
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 230 million streaming members in over 190 countries. It's a great time to join Netflix.
Netflix is looking for an associate for the Production Finance team to be part of our Content team based in the Tokyo office, working on our live action titles. The goals include partnering with the Business, Physical Production and Creative teams to evaluate potential partners, determine optimal structure of content deals, provide comprehensive market intelligence and to ensure the investment is supported by a clear creative vision and an executable production plan.
• Work effectively and decisively within the Netflix Local Language Originals team to coordinate with third-party production companies who are producing local content for Netflix
• Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the Netflix Content Teams in order to guide the partnerships with third party local production service companies
• Assist with timely and complete budget, cost report tracking, provide commentary on submitted reports throughout the life-cycle of a production
• Coordinate the implementation of production finance best practices with our international 3rd party production partners
• Create and circulate budget top sheets for approval
• Process and track fundings for production services companies
• Update production information in Netflix systems
• Onboard 3rd party production accounting teams to Netflix policies and procedures
• Map cost reports to Netflix chart of accounts
• Coordinate production data from a wide range of local and international production accounting software systems.
• Audit selected production accounts payable, journal entry, and payroll records
• Cost report and budget comparisons and analysis
• Ad-hoc projects as needed
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment where feedback exchange is constant, being capable of giving and receiving it in a direct and timely manner
• Minimum of 5-10 years working as a production manager or producer managing production budget for live action content. Production-accounting or production finance experience is preferred.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results.
• Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse multicultural team environment.
• Experience working in the entertainment industry focusing on live action production is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is a plus.
• Fluent in Japanese. Business proficiency in English preferred.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees.
Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.