Associate, Production Finance, Licensed Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/16/2024 11:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Associate, Production Finance, Licensed Series jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate, Production Finance, Licensed Series postings
Full Time Job
Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
With Netflix service and award-winning Originals content in more than 190 countries, we continue to change entertainment around the world. Operating in a financially complex space, Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take to managing the company.
The Production Finance group is looking for an Associate to join its team. This position will support Netflix Business and Creative Executives as well as coordinate with our licensed series supporting all the various genres. The role will support many cross functional groups such as Creative, Business Affairs, and Accounting, with strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
• Plan and execute a strategy for building out a payment system for Licensed Original Series.
• Plan and execute a strategy for building out a cash flow planning system for Licensed
• Original Series.
• Update internal systems and databases to calculate the maximum potential exposure to the company on Licensed products.
• Liaise with groups such as Business Affairs, Creative, Corporate Accounting, FP&A
• Review and analyze production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and 3rd party license agreements.
• Work with 3rd party studios to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting.
• Identify problem areas as quickly as possible including potential overages and underages.
• Ad hoc projects as needed.
• 3 years of finance or accounting experience in the entertainment industry is required.
• A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
• Field production accounting experience is a plus.
• Experience with building out new processes and systems (for example, payments and cash flow forecasting).
• Experience with ERP systems like SAP, Workday, etc is a plus.
• Able to understand and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.
• Can communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance partners.
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to navigate through ambiguity.
• High level of intellectual curiosity with a genuine interest in learning.
• Self-motivated, disciplined, and focused on generating results.
• Exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Able to work well both within a team and autonomously.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $60,000 - $290,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.