Associate, Production Finance - International Originals, Germany
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows and our global expansion, it's a great time to join Netflix.
Netflix is looking for a Production Finance Associate to be part of our International Originals team based in the Amsterdam office and working on our slate of local-language scripted series in production. This role will directly support the International Originals Production Finance Managers and work within the original content team to coordinate with 3rd party production services companies and partners on multiple projects in the German-speaking territory.
• Budget tracking, analysis, review and commentary
• Oversee cost reporting processes, ensuring that all actual and estimated costs are accurately and punctually reflected within Netflix
• Create and circulate budget top sheets for approvals and visibility
• Process and track production funding requests
• Track internal Cash Forecasting
• Manage internal studio payments
• Update production finance information in internal Netflix systems and applications
• Onboard production accounting teams to Netflix policies and procedures
• Coordinate production data from a wide range of local and international production accounting software systems
• Work cross-functionally with internal teams at Netflix to position IO Production Finance for innovation and success.
• Establish and maintain relationships with Physical Production and Post Production to ensure our productions are getting complete support, and updates are disseminated to internal teams.
• Audit selected production accounts payable, journal entry, and payroll records as needed
• Ad hoc projects and coverage as needed
• 3-5 years production finance and/or production accounting experience in the film/TV industry
• Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Required to be a self-starter, able to identify the needs of the team and fill workflow gaps
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on action and generating results
• Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications
• Strong written and verbal professional communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse multicultural team environment
• Aptitude or affinity towards tech/systems/development is a plus
• College/University degree in accounting or finance preferred
• Knowledge of SESAM accounting software an advantage.
• Fluent German & English language skills