Associate, Production Finance - Global Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our members love content. In 2017, Netflix spent billions of dollars on acquiring and producing content around the world in every window for every taste -- from brand new, never-before-seen Originals to timeless classics that are watched over and over again. In order to build the best service in the world, we look for the best and brightest to drive our production decisions. Netflix operates a financially complex business and believes that it derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing the company.
This Production Finance Associate position will be based in our Hollywood office and will partner with the Netflix Production Finance Original Series team on managing our self-produced and partner-produced Global Series slate.
• Work closely and collaboratively with numerous Netflix teams, including: production, business affairs, post production, creative, tax and content accounting.
• Collaboration with production accounting teams and prep/wrap department
• Track and process show fundings and update cash forecasts accordingly
• Own the show set-up process (both internally and externally with payroll companies, etc)
• Onboard and offboard production accounting teams to Netflix systems
• Process various development invoices and oversee process of booking costs to shows
• Update show related information in Netflix systems
• Ad hoc projects and analysis as needed
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results
• Must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Excel or Google Sheets skills
• Freelance experience as a 2nd Assistant in episodic television production or a similar level of experience on the corporate/studio side of episodic production finance is ideal
• A degree in accounting or finance is preferred