Associate, Production Finance - Development
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Development Associate will be responsible for managing above-the-line development payments and providing studio tracking and analysis. You should have a strong focus on organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time, and self-motivated. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment. This role will work closely with the Netflix Business, Legal and Production Finance teams, in addition to Labor Relations, Content Acquisition and the show accountants.
• Proactively review and evaluate the contractual ?financial ?obligations of agreements and deal memos for above-the-line talent ? (Actors, Writers, Producers, Non-Writing Producers, Directors, Line Producers and Casting Directors)?
• Prepare time cards for above-the-line talent and facilitate timely and accurate payments through payroll companies, Netflix Studios, and?/or? the individual show accountants
• Create and maintain? complete organization of payments? within a cloud-based document management system
• Liaise with productions regarding delivery of key documentation to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Act as internal ?and external ?point-of-contact? for all payment related questions
• Ensure above-the-line payroll start paperwork is received, complete? and accurate
• Assist in researching?, developing? and testing? new technologies that provide the next generation of ?contract administration and ?production finance tools and determine how and when to best incorporate into the production accounting workflow
• Candidates must have experience in production payroll, business affairs, legal or contract administration at a major studio
• Solid understanding of the payroll process and above-the-line union labor agreements (DGA, WGA, SAG-AFTRA)
• Ability to ?read and ?understand ?legal contracts ?and articulate issues using? creative, production or financial context.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.