Associate Producer, Games Studio
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
ABOUT OUR TEAM
We're a group of developers, artists, and storytellers that make games full of wonder, danger, and humor. Everyone at our studio, whether an industry vet or new voice impacts each game through collaborative feedback, mutual respect, and creative empowerment. If you want to make games that leave a meaningful impact on players: we want to hear from you.
We're looking for new teammates who deeply care about the work they do, the stories they tell, and the people they create with. As part of the Netflix team, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Learn how our story-loving game people came to join Netflix's team of game-loving story people.
PRODUCTION AT NIGHT SCHOOL
At Night School Studio, production helps keep the art, design, story, audio, engineering, and marketing teams coordinated, collaborating, and on track to build unique and compelling narrative game experiences. Iteration and autonomy is a core production value at Night School. Where there is a gap in process or way to improve a workflow, the production team is empowered to make positive adjustments to bring about a higher quality to our development and ultimately our game experiences. We're always looking for ways to reduce project risk and maximize potential.
ABOUT THE JOB
The production team takes the creative goals of the development team and translates them into achievable steps while seeking to anticipate and avoid pitfalls in the path toward our creative vision and technical processes. We build plans and seek alignment on strategy across all disciplines while keeping a healthy balance of scope and creative ambition. As Associate Producer at Night School Studio, you'll be the center point for multiple projects focused on both our back catalog as well as exciting new ideas.
• Motivate and support your teammates and partners by identifying and helping to remove roadblocks and project risks.
• Collaborate with the production team to make informed decisions on priorities, commitments, and process to keep teams moving toward a shared vision.
• Support managing the day-to-day tasking, scheduling, and risks in given areas, while escalating issues with proposed solutions in order to guide the completion of project goals.
• Facilitate success criteria and definitions of ''done'' for tasks, sprints, and milestones.
• Generate task, team, and project reports / analysis.
• 3 years of experience in video game production or project management roles.
• Understanding of game development processes and pipelines.
• Able to prioritize competing interests to best serve the comprehensive needs and
• constraints of a project.
• Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues.
• Highly detail oriented and displays strong adaptability and problem solving skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills in negotiation and diplomacy. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
• Positive attitude and strong people skills with a passion for making games and continuous growth.
Nice to Haves
• Proficient with project management suites Google Suite, Jira, Confluence, and/or ClickUp.
• Basic experience with game publishing on major platforms such as PlayStation, Switch, Steam, Xbox, etc.
• Knowledgeable about the game industry from a player's perspective.
• Passionate about storytelling, video games, and video game development.
• Strengths include being goal oriented, conscientious, tenacious, thoughtful, meticulous, as well as being both a great listener and communicator.
• Self-starter willing to find solutions and ask questions when needed.
• Desires to support and guide a team to achieve their goals from a ''bottom up'' rather than ''top down'' management approach.
• Filters team creative ideas, ambitions, and goals through the lens of strategy and pragmatic next steps.
• Proficient at communication, negotiation, and diplomacy.
• Receptive to and skilled at giving and receiving critique and feedback.
• Life-long learner who wants to bring what you learn to improving the project and team every day.
Required Application Materials
• Required: Resume
• Optional, but nice to have: Cover letter about why you want to work with Night School Studio.