Associate, Partnerships Strategy Planning & Analysis - EMEA
Full Time Job
The Netflix experience is available across a wide variety of devices such as Smart TVs, set-top boxes, game consoles, and mobile phones.
Netflix's growth has been propelled by strong partnerships with many of the world's leading telcos and consumer electronics companies. As we continue to push for growth in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), we are looking for an Associate to join the Partnerships Strategy & Analysis (PS&A) team. This role is focused on working with local operators (e.g., Sky in the UK, Free in France) across the region. Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to manage all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to our Partnerships. The most common types of partnerships with local operators are bundles and/or set-top box integrations.
The Partnerships Strategy & Analysis team is responsible for evaluating opportunities and analyzing the performance of existing partnerships. Partnerships impact millions of members, and the outcome of our analyses plays a critical role in the growth and strategy of Netflix. During negotiations, we provide guidance to the Business Development team using data and analysis. When partnerships are launched, we monitor their performance and search for areas of improvement. We also work closely with our Product and Partner Engagement teams to determine which changes in the Netflix experience could improve the partnerships' impact.
The role will include occasional travel (when possible) to partner locations in select regions and will be based in Amsterdam.
Candidates are required to be highly analytical and effective communicators. Prior experience in management consulting or an equivalent analytical role is strongly preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of performing comprehensive analyses independently and proactively. She/ he must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Language skills are a strong plus.
• Evaluating the potential financial impact of future partnerships for Netflix -- i.e.
*Benefits, costs and potential risks of each particular partnership
*Upside/ downside scenarios
*Evaluation of deal terms such as minimum guarantees, revenue sharing, etc.
• Analyzing the performance of existing partnerships to extract actionable insights (e.g. best practices, areas of improvement)
• Evaluating the performance across our portfolio of existing partnerships to develop insights on best practices and where we can improve future deals
• Creating insightful presentations that facilitate decision-making for internal stakeholders and our external partners
• Partnering with the Product team to help identify, prioritize and assess the impact of new initiatives (e.g. improving Netflix plan upgrades for bundles)
• Providing inputs to other teams working on partnership initiatives (e.g. Product, Consumer Insights, Marketing)
• Developing industry expertise for focus markets in EMEA
• 3-5 years of experience, ideally in management consulting or similar fields in which modeling and strategic analysis is essential
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative analysis that leads to actionable insights
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, but also able to work independently
• Adept at managing multiple projects and stakeholders on a regular basis
• Skilled in preparing effective and well-structured presentations with clear narratives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Excel skills are mandatory. Proficiency with Tableau and SQL a strong plus.
• International experience is a plus; the candidate must have high enthusiasm about working with multicultural partners across markets.
• Proficiency in either of Turkish, Polish, or Russian is considered a plus
• Experience with projects in the telecom, media, and/or technology industries considered a plus
• Bachelor's or master's degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature
• MBA considered a plus