Associate, Music Clearance and Licensing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2021 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Associate, Music Clearance and Licensing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate, Music Clearance and Licensing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate, Music Clearance and Licensing?
Full Time Job
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment and changing the way more than 200 million subscribers around the world enjoy entertainment. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries and we're excited to bring even more of our programming to our viewers around the globe. It's an exciting time to work at Netflix.
Our growing global Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is looking for an Associate, Music Clearance and Licensing, to join the Music Licensing Team. The Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is responsible for all of Netflix's global music business affairs, legal affairs and strategy, from the production and licensing of Netflix content through to the distribution of the Netflix service globally. This role is based in our Los Angeles office and will report to Manager, Music Licensing.
The successful candidate will be a team player who shares our passion for music to help support our expanding slate of Netflix content. Someone who seeks out and thrives in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates (https://jobs.netflix.com/culture). A stunning and selfless colleague for whom no task is too small or insurmountable.
This role provides a unique opportunity for someone looking to have impact across all functions of the Music Licensing Team. Whether that's negotiating clearances on high-profile productions, drafting and reviewing synchronization license agreements, troubleshooting with our library partners, leading data-related projects alongside our Music Data, Tech & Rights Team, or assisting our external production partners as needed, this candidate will be able to seamlessly and confidently pivot between tasks. Your broad perspective on music clearance and licensing matters allows you to see things that others cannot see (e.g., gaps in licensing systems and workflows) and you proactively propose solutions that lead to greater efficiencies and make the seemingly unsolvable, solvable. You are not intimidated by high volume or fast pace, you are excited to tackle business critical administrative duties, and you can independently execute each project with a high level of precision and professionalism. You are proactive and curious when it comes to the various functions of the Music Licensing Team, with scalability, impact and speed front of mind.
This is a unique opportunity to expand and grow beyond your immediate area of expertise, and to collaborate with colleagues in our domestic and international offices who share your passion for music, copyright and the entertainment industry. An opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
• Music clearance and licensing support. This includes: (i) establishing and maintaining templates and folders; (ii) redacting and archiving boilerplate agreements; (iii) reviewing quotes and synchronization/master use license agreements; (iv) drafting and negotiating one-off clearance requests with record labels and music publishers, as needed; (v) advising internal and external stakeholders on music rights/restrictions.
• Acting as the Music Licensing Team subject-matter-expert for any music library deal questions, including the maintenance of tools such as Airtable and SourceAudio, day-to-day account management with our library partners and SourceAudio, and onboarding our production partners to the SouceAudio site.
• Music contract administration support. This includes: (i) drafting, reviewing and issuing a high volume of synchronization license agreements, with an ability to interpret complex terms; (ii) tracking, administering and processing synchronization license agreements using Trevanna Tracks; and (iii) processing composer/music supervisor/producer/songwriter payments and uploading agreements inclusive of deal terms into our internal contract management system.
• Processing of guild re-use/new use notices, including researching license agreements to determine payment obligations on behalf of Netflix.
• Collaborating with our Music Data, Tech & Rights Team to identify gaps and inefficiencies in our systems, workflows and tools, and proactively implementing innovative solutions to eliminate duplicative and highly-manual work.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining business-critical systems and databases with regards to licensed and library music, as well as keeping internal documents and teams up-to-date (e.g. licensing specific Airtables, workflow checklists, one-sheets, etc.)
• Participating in other projects specific to Netflix's music needs.
• 5 years providing administrative or data driven support with a focus on music rights and entertainment. Highly collaborative, with clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal).
• Able to independently prioritize based on Team and business needs with little direction. Positive attitude and team player, especially when faced with changing responsibilities.
• Exceptional organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
• Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.Curious, innovative and eager to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise.
• Tech-savvy, with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment. Familiarity with Airtable and Trevanna Tracks is a plus.
• Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with cross-functional and external partners as an advocate for the Music Licensing Team.