Associate, Marketing Business Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with 231 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
The Marketing Business Operations team works in partnership with business leaders across marketing and cross-functional teams to serve as the key point of contact in the areas of global business performance and strategic insights. The team identifies key areas of improvement within current marketing measurement solutions and works closely to prioritize roadmaps with partner teams. At times this role needs to serve as a project leader, unifying regional needs into holistic globally scalable solutions. The team is highly visible throughout the organization and in particular to the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the perspectives of the team to inform important decisions, as well as, execute highly visible special projects to drive the ongoing growth and scalability of the marketing business.
One of the key components of Netflix's growth is the ability to gather, synthesize, and shape the narrative around key business decisions. The Marketing Business Ops team is looking for an Associate to lead and produce weekly and monthly global business insights reporting packages for the marketing leadership by tracking business performance, initiatives, key decisions, and industry trends/updates. This role will be responsible for partnering across multiple diverse sets of teams including, finance, marketing & data science teams to develop comprehensive materials that drive key business decisions regarding the future of the marketing business.
• Global Weekly Marketing Business Reporting: Be a trusted steward of the business mission and performance narrative by partnering with key cross-functional teams on the weekly publishing of insightful, data-driven executive reporting for leadership.
• Shaping Broad Business Communications: Draft executive memos and reports (including helping with board or earnings memos) by gathering and synthesizing from voluminous and disparate information sources - qualitative, quantitative, technical & financial.
• Design Scaled Reporting: Partner with cross-functional teams scaling reporting by designing frameworks, processes, and infrastructure to enable speed, consistency, and depth of reporting and insights.
• Deep Cross-Functional Partnership: Own relationships with internal teams across finance, marketing, and data science teams to stay on the leading edge of the business- planned activities, forecasts, KPIs, and business performance.
The Ideal Candidate Is/Has...
• 4 years of experience in a highly cross-functional marketing or analytics role (e.g. business operations, marketing analytics, strategy & operations, finance, or other roles that require heavy cross-functional interaction and influence coupled with a blend of operations and analytical skills)
• A successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication capabilities with the ability to 1) provide recommendations in a clear and concise way by making complex problems simple and, 2) engage with global stakeholders and drive alignment across teams.
• Has the ability to shift between the macro and micro, and the ability to interface directly with senior leadership.
• Has experience in understanding multiple parts of the streaming and marketing business to drive actionable insights to the teams.
• Is resourceful, endlessly curious, and has the unique ability to combine and translate data, technical analysis, and marketing plans into concise exec-friendly artifacts.
• Experience or background with both marketing and technical teams such as data science and engineering.
• High comfort level with managing reporting and insights independently.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Respect, understanding, and enthusiasm for Netflix culture.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $64,000 - $320,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.