Full Time Job
The Asset Management team is essential to providing our customers with a great experience every time they play our content by ensuring the content delivered to the service is of the highest quality. As we continue to expand globally, our role is to maintain and elevate the high quality standards for our customers while also building scale in our tools and workflows.
The team is seeking an Asset Specialist to be based in our London office. The successful candidate will work directly with our filmmakers in the UK to ensure they are supported and setup for success while creating world-class content across the region.
The Asset Specialist will be responsible for:
• Ensuring efficient, secure and complete intake and delivery of all digital assets, into our streaming, production and archive platforms, as detailed and agreed upon in the Delivery List
• Working with Creative Content Operations and Services team to ensure the flow of production media assets through the Studio is efficient, secure and optimised, with a key focus on developing and executing best practices between Content Hub, Asset QC and Backlot
• Evaluating received Quality Control reports and advising on the best course of action. Partnering with internal and external Post Production teams to create and execute an efficient Quality Control testing plan
• Working closely with local Production partners, Post Production teams and regional QC partners, to ensure best practices are communicated, executed and developed in the region, providing feedback from the region detailing local behaviour, challenges and requirements
• Liaising with Post Production teams and vendors to track productions as they move into the delivery and QC stage; assisting in scheduling, onboarding, training, and first-line support for upload to our delivery and QC platforms, setting up our partners for success, making delivery swift, accurate and secure.
• Working with cross functional partners and downstream teams such as Marketing, Publicity and Global Product Creative to facilitate workflows and best practices that enable production assets to be delivered, shared, screened and distributed as required
• Working closely with all relevant stakeholders across Content Hub and Asset QC on initiatives and developments, such as OCF 2.0, VFX Pulls, shot management and cut management, to ensure operational efficiency throughout the content pipeline for all users
• Assisting various studio initiatives focused on improving and developing the intake, review, sharing and distribution of production media assets, such as Content Review, Scalable Access Control and optimizing our Global Production Network and infrastructure
• College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs
• 5 years of experience within medium to high budget studios, networks or high volume production companies
• Ability to handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality
• Have creative problem-solving abilities
• Familiarity with production and post software such as Shotgun, Pix, Black Magic Resolve, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Clipster, Colorfront Transkoder, Pro Tools or MTI Cortex
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats, preferably experience with IMF, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision
• Working knowledge of outside vendors including mix stages and DI facilities
• Highly organized, efficient, and detail oriented
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent matters
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced, team-oriented setting
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace
• Fluent or native proficiency in one or more European languages
• Fluent or business proficiency in English
Netflix is the world's leading streaming content network with over 158 million members in 190 countries enjoying our originals like The Crown, Our Planet and Academy Award winning Film Roma. Netflix members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on Internet-connected screens.