Asset Specialist - APAC
Full Time Job
The Asset Management team is essential to providing our customers with a great experience every time they play our content because we ensure the content delivered for the service is of the highest quality. As we continue to expand globally, our role is to maintain and elevate the high quality standards for our customers while building scale in our tools and workflows, and securing the right media assets for Netflix's future.
The Asset Specialist works directly with our vendors and Post teams to ensure they are supported and setup for success while creating world-class content across the globe.
This role will be based in our Seoul Office
• Be an integral part of the Post teams in Korea and Singapore by collaborating on and troubleshooting delivery, Quality Management, fix and Archive strategy for our Original content. You will provide direct support to our Korean teams and remote support to our Singapore teams.
• Build strong relationships with and assist in training Post Vendors in the APAC region as a technical resource.
• Internal education and strategy based on data analysis. You will look at the results of past deliveries and help us learn from what has happened.
• Assisting our Post team in the successful delivery and launch of our shows. You will help our teams unlock the tools and knowledge needed to get a show on service.
• Validation and technical troubleshooting of our Archival assets. You will ensure we have a complete library for the future of Netflix.
• Collaboration with internal team to provide technical support to screening rooms in our Seoul office.
• Collaboration with teams like International Dubbing, Marketing, Globalization and Issue Discovery. You will be a source of truth for the use of video and audio files throughout the ecosystem.
• Collaboration with cross functional teams on improvement initiatives to improve and streamline our processes whenever possible. You will be a force to push us into the future and always find a better way.
• 5 years experience at a Post Vendor or Broadcaster in a relevant role with experience creating, delivering, receiving and/or validating high profile audio/video content and utilizing Post production software. Relevant roles may include: Editor or Assistant Editor, Media Archival Specialist or Manager, Video or Audio Mastering Engineer, Colorist or Colorist Assistant, Quality Control Engineer or Manager, Sound Editor or Mixer.
• Fluent or native proficiency in Korean
• Fluent or business proficiency in English
• Working knowledge of vendor landscape in Korean or Southeast Asian markets
• Ability to respond and prioritize after hours for important, timely, or urgent matters as needed
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced setting
• Interest in learning Netflix culture and values
• Organizational skills with proactive and self starting mentality
• Creative problem-solving abilities
• A strong desire to learn