NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Studio Creative team at the Netflix Animation is looking for a Manager to create lasting 1:1 relationships with the individual show hires at our studio. The ideal candidate would have experience with working with artists and production crews on animated content, and an ability to bring a strong sense of Netflix culture to outside hires. Strong listening and communication skills as well as an understanding of career trajectories in animation will be necessary. Experience in development, production, or recruitment is preferred.
Responsibilities may include
• Establishes and maintains a culture of communication, candor and trust and works to build relationships with team members from Day 1 through their entire time at the studio
• Maintaining and running weekly orientations for new hires
• Maintaining transparency for Netflix on weekly new hires
• Establishing needs for weekly new hires and collaborating with facilities and technology to meet those needs
• Working closely with recruiting and production to understand short-term and long-term staffing needs of each show and helping to avoid crossed wires
• Ability to curate lists that align a person's strengths to a potential production need
• Working to help maintain employment continuity across multiple productions during a teammates time at Netflix Animation
• Working closely with team members to understand individual career trajectory and personal needs
• Scheduling and following up on regular check-ins with employees on an ongoing basis after orientation
• Manage transition process for artists between projects
• Negotiating increases with internal artists
• Creating connections between employees across shows and departments
• Creating connections between employees and Creative Resources (mentorships, training programs)
• Creating connections between employees and Netflix as a whole
• Sets example of Netflix Animation studio culture and serves as a brand evangelist to the larger Animation community.
• Collaborating on events and classes based on employee needs and desires
• Establishes, manages and ensures that the off-boarding process (regardless of reason) is as exceptional as the on-boarding. Inclusive of navigating internal opportunities as well as partnering with Recruiting on reverse recruiting process
• Minimum of 5 years working in animation development or production.
• A history of supporting others to achieve their goals.
• Understanding of the full animation process, ie. production, scheduling, artistic pipeline.
• Experience with Recruitment (talent casting)
• Possesses the ability not only to have positive conversations, but also has the ability to engage in challenging or sensitive conversations with team members.
• Excited to help others grow, try, succeed, fail, learn from that failure and achieve their goals.
• Excited to build for the future, courageously explore new ideas and challenge industry norms, and ready to boldly step into the unknown today.
The Studio Creative department at Netflix Animation is focused on the individuals creating our animated content. Providing opportunities for personal growth, this team supports all people regardless of content or type. From Creator to Production Assistant, we strive to create a strong culture of collaboration, opportunity, and enrichment for every artist and production crew member we employ. We're the people team.
It's our responsibility that at the end of the day, everyone leaves more INSPIRED and STRONGER than they arrived in the morning.