Art Director, Games Studio
This was removed by the employer on 2/1/2023 4:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Art Director, Games Studio jobs in Remote-CA
Search all Art Director, Games Studio postings
Full Time Job
Netflix is building a new internal game studio to incubate and build a new class of hilarious, social party video games.
We're looking for a seasoned, highly-skilled Lead Artist who will work closely with a new team to define the look-and-feel of our games. This role focuses on defining the core look of our game, which will have a heavy emphasis on information presentation and clear agency for the player. We envision a bold, dynamic style, while preserving clarity and impact. This role is all about leading a team to delight our players and making gameplay feel as intuitive as possible with a heavy focus on UI, delivering information clearly, with sharp graphic design.
The right candidate will bring industry-leading craft expertise, attention to detail, and an intentional, active curiosity. You'll be joining a small, scrappy team with big ambitions, and an obsession to create memorable game moments that leave players telling their own stories for years to come. You'll be defining the look and feel of a game franchise, while working closely with
We're looking for new teammates who care deeply about the experiences they create and the people they make them with. Those who bias towards action and are energized by the learning that comes with bold experimentation at an agile pace. As a part of Netflix, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Now is an amazing time to join Netflix Game Studio as we seek to entertain our 200 million paid members in a really new way.
• Work with the Creative Director to establish the style, tone, and presentation of our games
• Define our look-and-feel and maintain this vision throughout development, including prototyping, conception, and animation
• Conceptualize and enhance the game's UI and any related in-game visuals
• Determine, hone, and supervise our game's motion design and motion graphics
• Work closely with technical artists to convert awesome concepts into player experiences
• Provide assets during the prototyping phase to facilitate clear and meaningful playtests
• Build and maintain a world-class team of artists, guiding them towards incredible performance and purposeful growth
• Collaborate with teammates by providing and receiving creative/team feedback, plus'ing others' creative contributions, and providing clear creative goals with intentionally desired outcomes
• 5 years experience as a lead artist shipping multiple games with proven UI experience on at least one shipped title
• Incredible graphic design, layout, color palette, and typography, and a mastery of tools to clearly communicating a vision
• Excellent sense of timing when dealing with presentation and motion design
• Familiarity with multiple game engine technologies such as Unity and Unreal Engine
• Great communication skills, a positive attitude, and a great sense of humor
• Is experienced in a leadership-focused art role: Art Director, Art Lead, etc.
• Passion for making video games, especially on a rapid, focused, smaller team vs multi-year investments
• Familiar with UX design principles and how to anticipate player behavior to create intuitive interfaces and manage player attention
• Able to rapidly generate and implement art for rapid prototyping
• Experience working successfully with art outsourcing
• Experience building games for early or unfinished platforms
• Los Angeles Preferred/Remote
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - $500,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.