APAC Dubbing Manager, International Dubbing
Full Time Job
The International Dubbing team is responsible for getting those amazing programs to Netflix's growing international audience. Centered around dubbing/voice over production, a great team environment and cutting-edge technology, this group is critical to our ability to provide the best dubbed experience to our global subscribers. International Dubbing is responsible for supervising all aspects of dubbing production worldwide, working closely with our Content Acquisition, Globalization, Physical Production, and Post Production teams.
The ideal candidate thrives in team environments while simultaneously managing a multitude of projects. The candidate should have the ability to be highly organized while maintaining cross-functionality between departments, while safeguarding that all requirements are met. You will be working on Netflix's growing catalog including our Original Content, and overseeing the launch and progress of all dubbed assets in the APAC Region, managing both creative and technical dubbing workflows while troubleshooting with the local territory dubbing production supervisor any issues that arise in the local territories.
The candidate must have strong management and communication skills. They will need to partner closely with the Los Angeles-based Dubbing and Post Production Teams and provide all internal and external partners the related materials and communication while also being hyper aware of the cross-functional timelines and launch dates. To be highly effective is your mission, and scalability is your passion.
• Professionally represent Netflix in the regional/territory marketplace in partnership with Netflix Post Partnerships and Integrations Team
• Liaise and maintain business relationships between dubbing partners in the region/territory and the International Dubbing team in LA
• Execute, refine and enhance both creative and technical dubbing workflows as it relates to Netflix content and local brand management strategies
• Attend and participate in conferences, meetings, and other localization industry events, while preparing to articulate plans, overviews, strategies, action plans, etc.
• Work with Netflix Post Partnerships and Integrations Team to research and identify areas/locations while sourcing potential partners to accommodate increased work volume; help build and process post production and dubbing standards in the territories
• Assist Netflix Finance Operations with managing negotiations and tracking of dubbing costs in the region/territory
• Have a working knowledge/awareness of contracts between the local actor unions and the dubbing studios, be able to manage and liaise with both
• Share local territory/regional feedback with Netflix ID and Engineering Teams to improve tools for both Netflix and our dubbing partners, while developing user-friendly interfacing between all parties
• Provide support to Post Partnerships and Integrations, Netflix Finance Operations, and Netflix Legal to negotiate and create rate cards and service contracts with our local dubbing partners
• Work closely with the Netflix ID Team on creation and implementation of centralized mixing respective to the APAC region
• Attend recording and mixing sessions on high-profile/special request projects (as needed), collaborating with the local Netflix dubbing production supervisor/coordinator, ensuring the proper Netflix sign-off criteria is met along with time-mandated delivery of content
• A mínimum of five years dubbing project management experience (creative, technical and operations) or in a related position
• A solid management-level presence with the ability to inspire immediate trust and professionalism
• Ability to manage workflows while leading dubbing teams and their contributors.
• Must be a self-starter and team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills along with the ability to concisely present Netflix's unique values via phone, email, video conference, trade shows, etc.
• Preferred technical skills: Knowledge of audio technology, Avid ProTools, VoiceQ, MS Office (Excel, PPT, Word), Google Sheets, Gmail, Google Hangouts, Apple (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), SKYPE (and other messaging apps),
• No restrictions on travel
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow
• Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent; relevant work experience
• Fluency in English, written and spoken required
• Working knowledge of one or multiple languages in the region this position will manage (APAC).