Outreach & Engagement Coordinator, Art Animation
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
It's an amazing time to join Netflix Animation as we continue to shape the future of global animated entertainment. We are bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide in Traditional, Stop-Motion, and Computer Generated formats. To support our growth across our Animated productions (Series, Features, and Adult) we are looking for an exceptional Netflix Animation O&E Art Coordinator to join our team. We'll give you the context to be effective, the resources to be efficient, and then partner up to strategize and create programs that offer opportunities to those looking to join the Animation community.
While your primary focus will be on building and perfecting programs related to our efforts in communicating with emerging talent in Art, you'll collaborate with the larger Outreach and Engagement team, Talent Acquisition, our hiring managers, and members of our creative and executive teams to help build out programs that reflect the Netflix Animation inclusive culture. You'll also support our efforts in academic relations, helping to plan and execute programming at Animation related events, expos, and conferences. Including taking the stage to help share our learnings and speak openly about opportunities and experiences at Netflix Animation.
In this role you will:
• Serve as a thought partner helping develop outreach strategies, connecting the dots, thinking outside of the box, and helping to ground those aspirations into practical and actionable working plans.
• General administrative and coordination for both internal and external outreach visits, portfolio critiques, conferences, festivals, on-campus, and other academic-based events, working groups, and Animation Art related initiatives.
• Assist in Outreach and Engagement's Art recruiting responsibilities including portfolio reviews and candidate vettings, including presenting informational decks to our Creative, Production, and Executive teams.
• You may find yourself on stage talking to an audience or working on a convention floor. In all opportunities, you'll serve as a Netflix Animation ombudsman, sharing your informed opinions and passion for Netflix Animation in specific and Animation as a community.
• Communicate the right information to the right people at the right time. Your tone of communication is professional, but not overly fussy. After all, we make cartoons, not legal briefs.
• Quickly respond to new information (shifts in pace, volume, structure, and strategy), reprioritize effectively without compromising on quality; know, and understand the value of people over process.
• You understand that actionable feedback is the oil that makes the machinery run smoothly and are open to both receiving and providing feedback.
• You are meticulous regarding data hygiene.
• Experience in building out programs highly desirable.
• Solid knowledge of animated production techniques and practices, while not necessary, would be ideal.