Animation Screen Credits Coordinator
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you opt for an animated film on movie night or love starting out your weekend with cartoons or anime on a Saturday morning? If your passion runs deep for animation, then we may have the dream job for you!
This is an exciting time for Netflix as we're making fast-strides towards becoming one of the largest, renowned global Animation Studios. As an Animation Screen Credits Team Member, your impact is far reaching from providing your expertise to assist internal cross-functional teams in various regions on credits matters - supporting the Creative team through their credits process to achieve the creative vision for their credit sequences - to being an integral part of ensuring the talented individuals who've made our content that global audiences love a reality by acknowledging and celebrating their achievements on screen.
The Credits Team operates at the junction of legal compliance, post, labor, and talent relations. We'll get into more of the specifics, but most importantly we're looking for someone who is excited about and will thrive in our Netflix Culture.
Is this role the right fit for you?
• You're currently in the animation field or have animation experience that spans 3 years preferably in production, post, and/or a legal capacity.
• You have the ability to review and interpret legal contracts for contractual screen credit requirements. An integral part of our workflow is to understand and summarize agreements to create screen credit obligation statements and review contractual obligations against the main and end titles.
• You thrive in a collaborative environment with a far reaching impact. An essential part of our day-to-day is collaborating internally with teams such as Business & Legal Affairs, Creative, Production, Post, Labor, Music, Clearances, and Casting Admin and externally with Production, Post, and Outside Counsel throughout the life of the project regarding all aspects of screen credits including talent relations, contractual and Guild credit compliance.
• You strive for innovative solutions questioning the status quo. It's easy to say NO, but instead why not find the path to yes?! Netflix thinks about credits differently with a focus on creative vision and flexibility; seeking solutions to contractual and guild credit restrictions.
Job responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Review and coordinate approval of main and end titles to ensure contractual and Guild compliance.
• Coordinate guild/union credit determinations, waivers and approvals as necessary. Important to maintain relationships with the guilds by operating in good faith to follow their credit requirements. We also don't want to get hit with any claims!
• Coordinate submission of WGA Notices of Tentative Writing Credits and manage the credit determination/arbitration process.
• Track a heavy volume of projects and ensure credits are delivered and approved within tight delivery deadlines.
• Educate and advise cross-functional partners on credits deal terms, precedents, best practices and guild/union requirements/restrictions. Things are ever evolving at Netflix, and making sure we're aligned is the key to efficiency.
• Build and update forms and templates to improve the efficiency of the team. Great opportunity to bring your ideas to the table with a fresh perspective!
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills:
• Clear and concise communication - Are you the friend who coordinates plans with the focus of an air traffic controller?
• Keen attention to detail and good judgment - You love to dig into the specifics of a project with the eagle eye of an auditor, but know when to look at the big picture.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment - Do you thrive on taking ownership of your work and being a stunning reliable colleague?
• Flexible, innovative, and solution-driven team player - Do you love to brainstorm solutions when new challenges arise?