Analyst, Us International Tax
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Analyst, US International Tax (Reporting & Compliance)
*This position is based in our Los Gatos, CA office*
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. As Netflix expands globally, we look for the best and brightest talent to scale with and contribute to our growth. That's where you come in.
We are seeking an International Tax Analyst to join Netflix's US international tax reporting and compliance team. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of US international tax concepts, excellent analytical and organization skills, the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks and a passion for data automation and simplification.
include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation of the US international tax calculations, including but not limited to GILTI, Subpart F, earnings and profits, FDII, BEAT and foreign tax credit.
• Prepare and/or review of US international tax related forms and disclosures (e.g., Form 8991, 8992, 8993, 5471, 8858, 8832, GRAs, etc.);
• Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual US international tax provision calculations;
• Prepare and review US withholding tax compliance related workpapers (e.g., Form 1042/1042-S/W8's);
• Point of contact for cross functional business partners on US withholding tax matters, including review of vendor contracts to assess US withholding tax implications, collect and validate W-8 documentation;
• Assist in documenting Netflix's internal procedure and policies on US withholding tax;
• Drive process improvement through collaboration with the Tax Transformation team to execute and implement high impact automation initiatives to scale with the business;
• Research, analyze and document complex US tax technical positions; and
• Support international tax controversy teams on IRS audits
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view;
• 4 years of US international reporting experience, including public accounting and/or industry;
• CPA and/or Master degree in Taxation preferred;
• Experience with OneSource Income Tax (OIT) and OneSource Tax Provision (OTP) software;
• Self-starter with the ability to operate independently and deliver impactful solutions in a fast growing and dynamic environment;
• Strong data analytical skills with experience working with large data sets using various tools, including (but not limited to) GAS, Alteryx, and Tableau is a plus;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build relationships with cross-functional business partners.