Analyst, Trade Compliance
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
We are the team that helps ship anything and everything internationally at Netflix. As we continue to grow, we are looking for our first hire in India in the Trade Compliance Legal Team as a Trade Compliance Analyst to be based out of our Mumbai office. This role will support the shipping needs of India's corporate and studio businesses. You will be the informed captain for the team in India, responsible for ensuring that goods, products, software, and technology are imported and exported in compliance with applicable government laws and regulations.
• Support the day-to-day India import & export activities of Netflix, engaging with internal logistics and compliance teams, Customs authorities, brokers, and 4PL vendors.
• Responsible for classifying Netflix commodities with the Indian Tariff Code (ITC), also known as Harmonized Tariff System Numbers (HTS)
• US Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN's) classification reviews and determinations
• Support the trade compliance team in determining the import/export requirements, regional POA management, and other critical import trade compliance functions
• Ensure compliance with Carnets and temporary import regimes
• Oversee the maintenance of regional import/export documentation (commercial invoices, entry paperwork, licenses, permits, and tariff rulings, etc.)
• Manage ad-hoc compliance reviews, internal self-assessments, vendor QBRs, and Customs broker vetting
• Monitoring of regional Customs and trade compliance regulatory changes
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience as an importer, exporter, Customs broker, or in a similar industry position dealing with trade compliance and Customs matters
• Extensive (practical) experience with India Customs regulations
• Good understanding of the US-EAR regulations a plus
• Experience using Global Trade Management (GTM) systems as part of the classification, licensing, export/import management, and denied party screening
• Entertainment supply chain experience is a plus
• Fluent or business proficiency in English required
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace