Analyst, Production Tax
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
Do you enjoy juggling multiple and diverse responsibilities with unwavering attention to detail? We are seeking a Tax Analyst to support the day-to-day operations of our Production Tax team - this team supports our productions with all tax- and incentive-related matters. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail. We're open to folks without tax experience who are excited to dive into the Production Tax world.
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of domestic and international film & television production incentives.
• Assist team members with evaluating and applying for production incentives (both domestic and international), including preparing incentive applications, gathering various documents required through the application/audit phases, coordinating with external service providers, reviewing budgeted incentives, and updating the incentives tracking system.
• Work in conjunction with team members to provide tax and incentive support to the production teams including performing tax and incentive research, keeping production incentive estimates up to date, tracking incentive receipts, and putting together structure charts.
• Support team members on their work with physical production, production finance, treasury, legal, and business affairs across the film production verticals on various business, tax, and incentive planning matters, including taking notes in various meetings and documenting the analysis and conclusions.
• Liaise with the Content Accounting team on financial reporting of the incentives.
• 1 years experience in a tax, finance, legal, or accounting environment. We find that individuals who quickly obtained Senior Associate level at a studio or public accounting firm are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you're a Senior Associate or a rising star Tax Associate, we'd love to talk to you!
• Experience in tax and incentive matters related to film/TV production is a plus but not required.
• Experience in production accounting is a plus but not required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate with global production teams and successfully operate within a multicultural international environment.
• Tech-savvy individual with knowledge of the Google suite of applications (Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, and Calendar) preferred, and a sense of how cloud-based document/database systems are used in a modern business environmentAbility to work effectively, collaboratively, and cross-functionally a must.
• You are the very definition of a team player
• The ideal candidate will think practically and be solution-oriented with a demonstrated ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Embrace and embody the Netflix Culture
This role is based in our Hollywood, CA office. Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $60,000 - $290,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.