Analyst, Business & Legal Affairs
Full Time Job
The role will support the Business & Legal Affairs team internally, whilst also being a key point of support for external partners if needed. The candidate will have broad responsibility for managing and disseminating a high volume of contracts, and managing the knowledge and work of the business & legal affairs team, relating to content production and acquisition in India.
This role will require significant amounts of collaborative working, an affinity for contract and knowledge management, implementing data-driven systems, and a strong organized mentality. Legal skills would be positively valued.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Effective understanding of legal documents to source, update and manage internal trackers and databases.
• Management and administration of contracts throughout their lifecycle, from template to execution.
• Project management on multiple productions to ensure timely and accurate delivery of legal assets.
• Proactively learning about new innovation efforts and updating cross-functional partners on the latest product features, tests, and initiatives.
• Liaise between business & legal affairs and internal studio engineering teams to develop improvements in studio tools.
• Reviewing legal documents in relation to the productions, analyzing internal trends, and determining a path for better archiving and analysis of information.
• Track and manage business & legal affairs needs throughout production lifecycle, keep business & legal affairs execs and stakeholders apprised of project status.
• Increasing team operational efficiency.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
• At least 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced, dynamic industry
• Legal or paralegal knowledge positively valued
• Prior experience with contract management, project administration, and/or legal delivery
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines; proven track record of improving team operating efficiency
• Ability to supervise several projects in different stages of production (from development through delivery)
• Team-player who thrives in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Refined ability to prioritize and perform tasks accordingly
• Curiosity and willingness to proactively self-develop
• Tech-savvy individual and quick to adapt to new or changing systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Understand, advocate, and embody the Netflix culture and team goals
Netflix's India team - responsible for great television series like Sacred Games, Delhi Crime, Lust Stories and more - is seeking an experienced Analyst who will provide support to the Business & Legal Affairs team based in Mumbai. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting, will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities on a large portfolio of productions with an unwavering attention to detail. This is a challenging and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative.