Administrative Assistant, Public Policy & Comms
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix's business in EMEA is growing rapidly, and our teams are expanding across Europe with more and more local and regional offices, inter alia in Berlin for the DACH market (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). We're now seeking an experienced Berlin based Administrative Assistant to support the DACH Public Policy country lead and two more directors from the international Public Policy and Comms teams, who are also based in Berlin. This is an exciting chance to join the team during a moment of ongoing growth of Netflix in the DACH region and beyond.
Specific Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Maintain calendars for 3 executives including booking and confirming internal and external meetings
• Coordinate travel arrangements, both domestically and internationally, including the administration of travel and expense reports
• Plan internal events (e.g. offsites, workshops, conferences, team events, etc.) and support with external events (together with the Netflix-internal Events team)
• Create presentations and documents using Google Workspace and Powerpoint
• Work with a contact database and campaign tools, e.g. for sending out newsletters and other information to policy stakeholders
• Support the broader EMEA Public Policy-team by updating internal documents, dashboards and assets
• Manage (a limited number of) contracts & vendors and secure administrative processes with Finance
• Cooperate closely with other administrative functions within the EMEA and global Policy team and cross-functionally
• The successful candidate will be proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with unwavering attention to detail at all times. Teams are growing quickly, so we need someone who can not only be great in their day to day work, but can identify opportunities to make the overall team more organized and efficient. Someone who is curious, demonstrates significant initiative, and inherently exercises good judgement. This is a team that is often spread across several countries and time zones, so a high level of organization is needed.
• Extensive experience providing administrative support and heavy calendar management for multiple executives
• Preferable to have experience supporting policy, government affairs and/or communications executives or at least an interest in this area
• Familiarity with political institutions in Germany (and ideally in Austria & Switzerland) is expected and interest in the entertainment business is highly preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and German. Another EU language (ideally French) is preferred, but not required
• Tech-savvy with proficiency in Google Workplace (formerly G Suite)
• Highly organized, able to effectively prioritize and respond accordingly to the shifting needs of the team
• Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced setting
• Positive attitude and team player, especially when faced with changing responsibilities
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Ability to adapt work approach across diverse cultures and time zones