NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
The Corporate Accounting team is looking for an experienced Accountant to join the team in supporting the Technology & Development organization. In this role, you will need to be a self-starter who is skillful in communicating with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels, and experiences. A successful candidate will be able to manage complex workflows that involve multiple stakeholders and build strong relationships across teams.
• Perform detailed analysis of prepaid, accruals, and expenses to ensure proper treatment under US GAAP.
• Cross-functional interaction with FP&A, Tax, Financial Applications, Finance Operations, Internal Audit.
• Review and documentation of contractual agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Create insightful close package that summarize key business and accounting updates and present them to groups of Netflix managers and directors.
• Drive process improvement and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design, and core accounting framework and management reporting.
Qualities We're Looking For:
• 4 years of relevant experience
• Understanding of US GAAP; Public Accounting Foundation or CPA preferred
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Curious and enthusiastic, that's not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Proven project management experience
• Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of finance and accounting issues and projects.
• Drive process improvements and own projects such as automating manual workflows, risk analysis and SOX controls, finance systems design and testing, and more.