Writer / Editor, E! News Digital, Editorial
NBCUUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2023 6:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Writer / Editor, E! News Digital, Editorial jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Writer / Editor, E! News Digital, Editorial postings
Full Time Job
E! News is looking for an experienced, passionate candidate to join the L.A. digital news team in a hybrid writer/editor role. This person will be responsible for writing and publishing content daily while editing junior writers and conducting interviews for E! Online. This person will work closely with the L.A. assignment editor.
The ideal candidate has experience working in entertainment, strong news judgment and an understanding of the E! audience. They will also be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and use data-driven analysis and social conversations to determine content and pitch ideas.
• Write and publish 5-7 pieces of content daily, ranging from trending news stories and galleries to interviews and breaking news
• Work under tight deadlines, providing clean, clear copy
• Edit copy for other writers in a timely manner, providing grammatical feedback as well as notes on style, tone and fact-checking
• Ability to self-edit when necessary
• Identify and pitch stories, viral trends and celebrities that help start conversation and drive page views, social referral traffic and engagement
• Seek out clever angles, second beats and creative, attention-grabbing headlines
• Familiarity with analytics, ability to examine story performance and identify follow up and future angles to continue to increase page views and engagement
• Pitch and conduct interviews with celebrities, identifying strongest angles afterwards and writing up in a timely manner
• Work alongside the team in covering tentpole events, brainstorming lead-up coverage and writing articles in real time during red carpets, award shows and other pop culture events
• Work closely with L.A. Assignment Editor
• Ability to step into this role when the Assignment Editor is out of the office by assigning out newsy stories to writers and editors and making sure the team is hitting daily publishing goals
• Collaborate with social team to promote content across the portfolio
• Understanding of E! social audiences and ability to post on E! social when necessary
• Bachelor's Degree
• 4 years experience in a deadline writing sharp copy, ideally in entertainment news
• Excellent writing skills that align with the E! voice
• Proficient in SEO
• Strong news judgment and understanding of what the E! reader wants to consume
• Desired Characteristics:
• Hard-working, dedicated and detail-oriented
• Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
• Effective communication skills and strong collaborator who can work across multiple departments
• A passion for pop culture
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $70,000 - $85,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].