Weekend & Late News Editor
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2022 6:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Weekend & Late News Editor jobs in London-UK
Search all Weekend & Late News Editor postings
Full Time Job
Role Title: Weekend and late news editor
Location: London - Osterley
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBC News Digital seeks a London-based editor to manage NBCNews.com overnight U.S. time on Saturday and Sunday (7 a.m. to 3 p.m. London time). During the week, they will work the late shift (noon to 8 p.m.), editing and sometimes writing top world stories of the day.
This position carries a lot of responsibility and requires exceptional news judgment, and an ability to work under pressure with colleagues in New York, Los Angeles and across the world and organization on breaking news and features. The successful candidate will be in charge of the homepage and app for part of the weekend shift, so the ability to write accurate and engaging headlines is a must as is an appreciation for visual storytelling.
• Manage NBCNews.com from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. GMT on weekends, including curating the homepage and app.
• Identify the most important and relevant angles of the day's top stories, and commission and edit breaking news stories and bounces.
• Stay in contact with the digital team, as well as broadcast editors, producers and correspondents to coordinate coverage on breaking news.
• Think creatively about unique reporting and story angles that can be pursued exclusively for digital.
• Provide rigorous and artful edits and work with journalists to find new ways to turn raw reporting into compelling digital content.
OPTIONAL: ABOUT YOU
• The successful candidate will be a collaborative all-rounder who can deliver clear guidance and efficiently juggle multiple tasks to help create unique and impactful stories and understand the power of social media for reporting and discovery.
• While demonstrating an understanding of global affairs and stories that resonate with an American audience, the successful candidate will be a successful collaborator and able to leverage NBC News' global network and work with digital and broadcast teams in London and elsewhere around the world.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 10 years experience as a reporter and / or editor in a newsroom environment, and some of that time in a digital newsroom.
• Experience curating a homepage, app or social media for a national outlet is beneficial, but not a requirement.
• Experience assigning and editing news of day articles and working with digital and broadcast journalists.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers