VP, Legal Affairs
NbcuNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Legal Affairs, Entertainment Networks
The VP, Legal Affairs will handle a diverse range of legal matters related to the production, co-production, licensing, and exploitation of unscripted and alternative entertainment programming for the NBCUniversal Entertainment Networks and Platforms (NBC, Peacock, Bravo, USA, Syfy, E!, Oxygen and UniKids). This role will report to the SVP, Legal Affairs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all legal matters during development, production, and delivery of third-party produced originals, including interfacing with production service companies and internal business, production and creative partners.
• Identify and provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions on issues relating to projects in development and production.
• Draft, review, negotiate and interpret contracts and other documentation.
• Identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
• Partner with NBCUniversal business executives, as well as colleagues in the Law Department, to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
• Work with the Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs team and colleagues in the Law Department on major projects with long-term business implications
• Manage, advise and support certain junior members of Legal Affairs team.
• A minimum of 10 years of entertainment, media law, intellectual property and/or other relevant experience.
• JD from an accredited law school and member of a state bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel.
• A strong strategist with superior legal skills, including excellent drafting and negotiating abilities who can present, develop and guide negotiations through to closure.
• Flexible, creative thinker with the ability to quickly develop new areas of expertise.
• Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to approach complex legal scenarios in a thoughtful and analytic fashion.
• Superior influencing skills with ability to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies at all levels, internally and externally.
• Strong leader, team player, and persuasive communicator proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Sound, practical business judgment and calmness under pressure; adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters and priorities, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience communicating with various audiences and levels of management
• Excellent organizational skills, exceptional ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with multiple business units and their representatives.
• Ability to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations.