Vice President, Business Affairs
NbcuUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Business Affairs will be primarily responsible for the deals related to the development and production of scripted programming for the entertainment television and streaming platforms at NBCUniversal â€'' the NBC broadcast network, the Bravo, E!, Oxygen, Syfy, UniKids and USA cable networks and the Peacock streaming service. The role will include, but not be limited to, working with the internal NBCU studios, negotiating deals with third party studios, and handling various aspects of scripted programming from the perspective of the buying platform. Responsibilities shall also include deals related to product integration and the exploitation of digital media rights. This individual will report to the Executive Vice President, Business Affairs.
include, but are not limited to:
• Negotiate all aspects of scripted programming deals with third party studios
• Interface with the following departments on a day-to-day basis: creative, legal, publicity, finance, ad sales, marketing, and digital
• Handle and resolve intercompany issues within NBCUniversal, including working closely with Business Affairs for the Universal Studio Group in the negotiation of deals
• Review budgets and other financial data associated with the development and production of aforesaid programming.
• Draft short-form deal memos as well as review long-form agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated and coordination of payment authorizations.
• 10 years of business and/or legal affairs experience at a large law firm or media company
• Prior experience negotiating scripted television deals on behalf of broadcast and/or cable networks and streaming platforms
• JD and active member of the California State Bar
• Meaningful knowledge of the television industry
• Strong legal knowledge and skills as well as superior critical thinking, analytical, negotiating, drafting, and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
• Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence and build productive relationships at all levels of the organization
• Able to work proactively, independently, and reliably in an organized fashion in a fast-paced in-house environment.
• Good overall business judgment and self-confidence.
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to execute and follow-through; self-starter and accountable
• Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate