Sr. Manager, Government Affairs
NBCUNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2023 1:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Government Affairs jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Manager, Government Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Join our NBCUniversal EPIC Legal Team! EPIC symbolizes key foundational principles as we strive to be extraordinary partners to our businesses in an evolving environment. Here at NBCU Legal, we are Expert Partners who provide Inspiring and Creative solutions to our clients. We are subject-matter experts who collaborate with our legal colleagues and clients to guide, solve and push for our collective success. We inspire by bringing optimism and positivity to our work, and apply strategic and innovative thinking to support our businesses.
The Sr. Manager of Government Affairs will support the department's mission of managing state and local government affairs, specifically involving public policy. Sr. Manager should have experience in the policy environment affecting NBCUniversal's business operations, especially in the labor/employment and digital landscape; coordinate with the policy team to understand issues affecting business operations and develop strategies to protect NBCUniversal's interests; support cross-functional stakeholders across key businesses and functional leaders in communications, legal, and labor relations, etc. on policy campaigns; help to shape legislation that affects NBCUniversal by working with internal subject matter experts on feedback on proposed bill text.
The position will report to the VP, of Government Affairs and Public Policy. With the department's 50-state mandate in mind, teamwork is not an aspirational goal, but a core operating principle embraced by the department. Sr. Manager should possess a positive outlook when collaborating with department colleagues in managing an extremely high volume of legislation and policy proposals, as well as being ready for any â€œeleventh-hourâ€ government affairs crises impacting NBCUniversal business units.
The Sr. Manager should exhibit sound judgement, discretion, and people skills when working with internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, the Sr. Manager should have an initiative-taking mindset, which is necessary for identifying and pursuing policy opportunities that could advance the company's business interests in states and localities.
• Pro-actively scan the environment for key policy matters as they arise in the civic/social, business, and government spaces to ensure that NBCUniversal stays abreast of any policy or regulatory risks to develop a risk mitigation/risk opportunity leverage plan
• Manage NBCUniversal policy risk â€œradarâ€ as a key tool to provide visibility and early warning on legislative risks relevant to the business
• Ensure corporate, business, and functional leaders are advised of significant policy risks due to contagion affect across geographies, and align with corporate plans concerning risk mitigation
• Provide external policy, political, and legislative processes insights regarding policy and regulatory matters that affect the implementation of the commercial operational strategy
• Assist in influencing public policy in support of NBCUniversal's business objectives, and enhance the company's reputation by building coalitions across jurisdictions, other corporate stakeholders, trade associations, and relevant third-party organizations
• Bachelor's degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Legal, Communications, Economics or related field or related experience
• 6-8 years of relevant experience with an elected official(s), government office, corporate affairs, or government affairs
• Juris Doctor (JD) or relevant academic equivalent is preferred
• Media/entertainment/broadcast/streaming industry exposure would be highly advantageous
• Pre-existing relationships with multi-state government officials and legislators are ideal
• Experience in initiating projects that would positively enhance the company's relationships with policymakers and political leaders
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure message discipline and policy consistency
• Proven track record in senior stakeholder management and advising on effective government affairs and public policy strategies
• Strong, confident presence and ability to interact, communicate, and translate complex policy into clear and concise summaries of issues and business impacts to NBCUniversal C-suite executives, as well as business and functional leaders
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
• This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $100,000 - $130,000 (bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].