Social Media Manager, NBC Lx
NbcuNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal is looking for a Social Media Manager for NBCLX, a new brand dedicated to telling stories in our local communities that compel our audience to engage and take action. The Social Media Manager will play a crucial role on NBCLXâ€™s digital team by leading social media engagement and innovation and by establishing an interactive social media environment that extends the brand's reach and influence.
The Social Media Manager's primary responsibility is to grow NBCLX brand visibility and audience across all social platforms. They will accomplish this by developing innovative social media campaigns to promote our content, and by creating unique and engaging original content. This person must be a strong communicator and leader who will work closely with the entire NBCLX team on best practices for social platforms as well as content promotion.
The chosen candidate will use analytics tools to identify trending topics, increase social media effectiveness and track overall performance. They will also contribute to overall digital efforts, including content development and coverage.
The ideal Social Media Manager is a strong, engaging writer with experience creating unique content aimed at a younger audience. They must have excellent news judgment, attention to detail, and organizational ability, as well as a firm grasp of how younger news consumers use existing and emerging platforms. The right candidate has experience working on breaking news deadlines and thrives in a fast-paced environment. They know how to identify stories that matter to the LX audience and make them shine on multiple platforms.
• At least 4 years of professional experience with a proven track record of increasing audience on social media platforms for a digital newsroom.
• Advanced knowledge of programming content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
• Experience creating content on breaking news deadlines.
• Strong writing and editorial skills.
• Strong news judgment.
• Demonstrated understanding of how the next generation engages with social media platforms.
• Current knowledge of copyright laws related to social media publishing.
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
• Willingness to take risks and experiment.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered for the position
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience creating graphics for social media platforms.
• Proven success creating and executing social media campaigns.
• Strong understanding of digital audience and analytics.
Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment.