Senior Vice President, Executive & Talent Contracts and Employment Law
NbcuNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal is looking for an SVP of Executive & Talent Contracts and Employment Law to join its Labor & Employment team.
include, but are not limited to:
• Manage and oversee team of attorneys and professional staff responsible for the negotiation and drafting of employment contracts and related agreements on behalf of the company for executives across all business units and for on- and off-air talent providing services on News and Sports content.
• Interpret and advise Human Resources and business leaders on employment contract provisions and represent company in disputes involving contract employees.
• Lead efforts to analyze and improve negotiation and drafting practices and processes.
• Educate and advise managers and HR professionals in negotiation strategies and practices.
• Strategize about ways to optimize contracting processes and to ensure consistency and equity in application of contract provisions and approach.
• Engage in and support cross-functional initiatives across Labor & Employment practice groups.
• Advise senior management, Human Resources and other NBCUniversal lawyers with respect to all employment law issues, including business restructuring, employment policy development and application, performance management, accommodations and leaves of absence, worker classification, workforce management, discrimination and harassment claims, wage-and-hour and workplace safety.
• Oversee, conduct and provide counsel on internal investigations of employment-related and other types of complaints, ensuring that claims are addressed promptly, thoroughly and appropriately.
• Represent NBCUniversal, working with other NBCUniversal and outside counsel as appropriate, with respect to mediation and litigation of employment claims and the employment-related aspects of acquisitions and dispositions of businesses.
• Draft settlement and separation agreements; draft mediation briefs and agency position statements and responses.
• Create and deliver management and employee training programs.
â€¢Minimum of 15 years of experience practicing executive compensation and contract law, legal affairs, and/or employment law.
â€¢JD and active member in good standing of the State Bar of New York or member in good standing of another State Bar and registered as in-house counsel.
â€¢In-house and/or firm experience strongly preferred.
â€¢Demonstrated experience with negotiation and drafting of contracts (employment contract experience preferred).
â€¢Developed business insight, with ability to understand the company's business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings.
â€¢Strong legal knowledge and skills as well as superior critical thinking, analytical, negotiating, drafting, and problem-solving skills.
â€¢Ability to successfully influence, build relationships and communicate at all levels and across business units, in a heavily matrixed environment, as well as with agents and attorneys representing NBCUniversal employees.
â€¢Ability to explain complex legal concepts, build consensus, think creatively and collaborate with clients to address business needs.
â€¢Self-motivated, able and willing to prioritize work and to effectively address urgent requests from high level corporate and production executives.
â€¢Demonstrated initiative and ability to execute and follow-through; self-starter and accountable
â€¢Experience in the entertainment industry preferred.