Rental Agent- Set Lighting & Grip
NbcuLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal seeks a creative, self-motivated individual with 5 years of experience in the Film and Television Rental industry. The Lighting and Grip Rental Agent is a full-time position maintaining the flow of Lighting and Grip paperwork and assisting in office responsibilities.
What Youâ€™ll Doâ€¦
• Provide outstanding customer service to existing and potential clients by being courteous, responsive, and resourceful
• Maintain good, positive relationships with customers and vendors
• Receive and quote orders for lighting, grip, and rigging equipment
• Work directly with productions, production crews, and studios either by telephone, email, or face to face
• Process day to day production requests for film and television productions support equipment and packages
• Coordinate customer pick-ups and deliveries
• Maintain customer show files in an accurate, detailed manner in all areas, including main packages, add-onâ€™s, exchanges, POâ€™s, sub-rentals, missing and damaged equipment, and returns
• Communicate with warehouse staff on all equipment order processing, order changes, equipment exchanges, and inventory stock-checks
• Process/Complete short lists to assist in the sub-rental or purchase decisions with the manager as required
• Accurately process purchase orders and negotiate sub-rental or equipment vendors to achieve discount pricing
• Ensure completed paperwork is appropriately organized and sent to the billing department
• Keep up to date with industry trends and new developments in Lighting and Grip Equipment
• Handle problem situations and resolve them as they arise
• Assist with annual inventory and quarterly cycle counts
• Provide assistance with special projects as required
What You Have â€¦
• Minimum 5 yearsâ€™ experience overseeing production support services within the Film and Television industry.
• Proven knowledge of motion picture and television production support services.
• Experience working with and supporting multiple stakeholders, vendors, and customers.
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, operational supervisors, and front-line crew.
• Ability to navigate through very complex situations and personalities.
• Ability to coach employees, encourage teamwork, and promote high standards of customer services.
• Strong communication and written skills.
• Strong computer skills: ability to understand multiple operating systems.
• Must be computer literate with detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) required. Rental software Rental Tracker Pro knowledge a plus
• Broad understanding of motion picture and television lighting, grip, and electrical equipment.
• Must have a strong understanding of LED Technologies and its impact on the industry.
• Strong background in asset management with the ability to ensure maximum utilization of assets across all productions
• Exceptional customer service skills with a strong sense of urgency
• Able to organize, prioritize, and execute numerous orders in tandem
• Must handle stressful situations professionally and confidentially as well as interact with co-workers and clients professionally.
• Must be an effective trouble shooter, communicator, and problem solver
• Accuracy with details essential