Pep Story Producer / Assignment Editor
NBCUSan Diego, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:24:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Pep Story Producer / Assignment Editor jobs in San Diego-CA
Search all Pep Story Producer / Assignment Editor postings
Full Time Job
NBC 7 and Telemundo 20 San Diego seek PEP (Production Employee Platform) Story Producer/Assignment Editor. You will be responsible for sourcing, researching, writing, and editing content for daily news broadcasts televised or distributed via digital/multi-platforms. Estimated 20-40 hour per week, schedule will depend upon need, early morning, nights and weekends are all a possibility.
• Gather, edit, and assemble local news content â€'' focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic for broadcast and multi-platform applications.
• Conceptualize stories with producers, reporter, and talent, critique production and writing of news stories and edit stories and related video.
• Communicate with show producers and digital team to meet content need requirements.
• Gather and package relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources and feeds and content types.
• Prepare pre-pro, tease, edit and archive tapes.
• Develop and source interesting story ideas, using editorial judgment, coordinating interviews and logistics for field crews.
• Know what stories are being covered, who is covering and what platforms the story will air on.
• Maintain contact with law enforcement, fire and other agencies to determine coverage of spot news.
• Lead editorial meetings, contribute story ideas and responsible for developing and cultivating contacts important to news coverage in the San Diego area.
• Maintain accurate account of the day's events in the Assignment Desk computer systems.
• Hourly range: $25-$30/hour
• Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and writing intros and leads to video online content.
• Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring that news as published is 100% accurate without typos or errors.
• Must be technically competent, have the ability to learn and use newsroom systems as they develop, have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
• General knowledge of television news techniques, including how stories should be covered and assembled.
• Ability to multitask and make quick decisions under pressure.
• Experience with coordinating and pulling in live satellite feeds and signals.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift including weekends
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal preferred
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.