Newsroom Operations Assistant
NBCUHong Kong, HK
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2023 10:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Newsroom Operations Assistant jobs in Hong Kong-HK
Search all Newsroom Operations Assistant postings
Part Time Job
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
CNBC is the world's number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC's vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network's premium subscription service that provides real-time global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live and virtual events where consumers can experience CNBC's award-winning journalism, live.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
Visit www.cnbc.com for more information.
NBCUniversal is the parent company of CNBC.
The Newsroom Operations Assistant will be based in the CNBC Hong Kong bureau. You will provide excellent friendly and efficient reception service, delivering a professional, welcoming and personable experience for guests and visitors at CNBC's office. You will also render seamless administrative support to the Operations & Editorial teams with the goal of maintaining the overall productivity and efficiency of the bureau.
This is a part-time, 1-year fixed term contract position with opportunities to be converted into a permanent position at the end of the contract term.
• Receive and greet guests, providing a professional, warm and welcoming reception service
• Answer all incoming calls professionally and in an engaging manner, taking and distributing messages or transferring calls as appropriate
• Regularly keep stock of office and pantry supplies, and order additional supplies when inventory is low
• Collect mails from the mailing room or from courier and accurately distribute them to the respective recipients
• Arrange local and overseas delivery of mails and packages via courier services
• Assist the Operations & Editorial team members to deliver and submit visa applications, including supporting documents, to embassies or visa application centres
• Arrange cleaning schedules with building management
• Process invoices and raise Purchase Orders (POs) via internal accounting system (as required) for Finance department to process payments
• Track, manage and renew company phone bills and service contracts
• Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• A punctual individual with excellent organisational skills
• Pro-active, confident, enthusiastic individual with good interpersonal skills to handle challenging situations professionally
• Computer-literate, familiar with using MS Office suite, especially Excel and Word
• Meticulous, with a keen eye for details
• Self-motivated and highly focused
• Friendly, helpful and approachable team player
• Flexibility to work different shift hours on occasions as required, depending on operational and business needs
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.