Music Licensing Specialist, Music Business & Legal Affairs
This was removed by the employer on 7/5/2022 2:29:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Music Licensing Specialist, Music Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Music Licensing Specialist, Music Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
The Music Licensing Specialist, Music Business & Legal Affairs will provide comprehensive music-related services and guidance with a focus on the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations group, including the Telemundo Stations.
Provide complete music services; including but not limited to the following:
• Oversee music cue sheets: research and input data, check for accuracy, organize and maintain information and be ready to provide details for internal and external requests
• Follow-up with relevant parties regarding cue sheets/promo reports for in-show, promo and commercial use.
• Run trainings regarding cue sheets, internal systems and processes
• Communicate with PROs regarding submissions/ missing cue sheets
• Participate in cue sheet system review, analysis and various taskforce
• Work closely with the Music Library, IT teams and other areas to support clients
• Work with show producers to ensure all music used in production is consistent with practices and guidelines for usage.
• Research music for all details pertinent to clearance and tracking; including publishers, record labels, PROs and type of usage.
• Liaise with Music Library and other areas to support the various shows (often on a tight timeline).
• Process music license requests, clear music, negotiate terms/fees, pick-ups, licenses, etc.
• Process payments; set up vendors in system and interact with AP team.
• Provide music clearance guidance, risk analysis, estimates.
• Communicate and maintain relationships with publishers, labels, music libraries and other related vendors.
• Oversee music DSP upload (i.e. gather and prepare assets, upload to media asset management, delivery, and distribution platform).
• Assist with new functions and other production/department projects as they arise.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
Minimum 1-2 years experience in music clearance for TV
Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Must be fluent in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
Additional Job Requirements:
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
Must be willing to work in New York, CA or Miami and some travel may be required
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Must have ability to work flexible hours due to production schedules.
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable
Excellent interpersonal skills with strong client-support orientation (internal and external clients/customers)
Experience with music cue sheets, music clearance,
Excellent negotiation skills
Relationships with record labels, publishing companies
Knowledge of the current market rate of artists and publishing catalogs
A passion for all things music; diversified knowledge of music
Knowledge of production music libraries
Experience working in a high-paced and pressure filled environment.
Ability to work well on projects independently
Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize work, deal with different clients simultaneously or adapt quickly to changing priorities
Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through with minimal supervision