Manager, Talent & Organizational Development
NbcuNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/13/2021 7:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Talent & Organizational Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Talent & Organizational Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Talent & Organizational Development?
Full Time Job
The Operations & Technology talent team at NBCUniversal is looking for a creative, high-energy Manager of Talent & Organization Development. Reporting into the VP of Talent & Org Dev, you'll help to strategically shape how the organization attracts, develops and retains talent in the competitive tech and digital space. This includes both process and program development.
Partnering with a 30 HRBP team, we support the Operations & Technology business unit across NBCU with a population of approximately 4,000 employees globally. What's super cool about our client group is that they power major NBCU events like the Olympics, national elections, popular shows and news programs, and much more. We pride ourselves in taking people-centric POV and designing programs and initiatives around how employees live and work. You'll concept and work on people and culture activities related to the entire employee lifecycle, including pipeline recruitment, learning and development, performance management, talent analytics, employee engagement, and more.
Workforce Planning â€'' Assist with talent calibration meetings and planning efforts by facilitating talent discussions, capturing themes, and ensuring that the talent review process is â€˜operationalized' and integrated into other talent-related activities. Strong facilitation skills plus a diagnostic approach.
Data & Analytics â€'' Use metrics and data to assess if our talent programs are working and how effective they are, report out to HRBP team. Assist with our annual survey plus quarterly pulse surveys including drafting questions; Interpreting data and uncovering insights; Develop and analyze other types of surveys upon request. Must be a savvy with Excel.
Employee Communications â€'' A natural word-smith with knack for branding in an effort to publicize and sell our programs with employees.
Onboarding & Offboarding â€'' Create an enviable onboarding experience (30-60-90 days) for the Ops & Tech business unit; Seek feedback on the process and continually improve and refine it. Coordinate seamlessly with the rest of the HRBP team to ensure consistency in roll out. Ensure process is just as good when employees exit.
Event Planning â€'' Plan executive roundtables; Assist with recruiting events, diversity & inclusion events.
Learning & Development â€'' Partner with HRBP team to make learning recommendations based on talent data. Hire and manage vendors output. Own backend management of our LMS tool from both a content creation and reporting POV.
Research Trends & Networking â€'' Pursue opportunities to build the NBCU Ops & Tech people brand in the local market. Attend industry events to stay up to date on latest OD trends. Partner with management in different initiatives that could attract talent.
Social Media/Employment Branding/Culture Advocate â€'' This is lite but every now and then you may be asked to drive social media campaign around our pipeline programs plus other Ops & Tech people focused events/offerings.
• Excel expertise
• A minimum of 5 years of HR/OD industry experience or human capital consulting
• Bachelor's Degree in Industrial/Labor Relations -or- Human Resources Management -or-other related field (required)
• Master's Degree in organization development, organization or I/O psychology, HR (preferred)
• Creatively Curious â€'' You like researching and trying new approaches that keep us ahead of the curve. You're a strategic thinker who can translate concepts into action
• Collaborativeâ€'' Actively participate with cross-capability peers (Enterprise OD, TA, and Ops teams) plus the HRBP team to make the work better
• Excellent Communicator â€'' You Can develop strong presentations and deliver them to audiences at various levels with gravitas and presence. You write clear, concise, easy-to-read communications that all can understand and act on
• Analytical â€'' You've never met a data point didn't like. You can tell a story with data and numbers with ease
• Agile â€'' You're nimble and can balance numerous, ever-changing priorities and deadlines
• Resourceful â€'' If you don't have the answer, you figure it out. You're comfortable navigating a complex environment to obtain info and seek buy-in
• Finally, you're team-oriented and want to understand drive the larger Org Development talent strategy